Julia Gillard Australia's PM does some plain speaking

Discussion in 'The Gash Barge' started by quimby, Jan 16, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Muslims who want to live under Islamic Sharia law were told on Wednesday to get out of Australia, as the government targeted radicals in a bid to head off potential terror attacks..

Separately, Gillard angered some Australian Muslims on Wednesday by saying she supported spy agencies monitoring the nation's mosques. Quote:

'IMMIGRANTS, NOT AUSTRALIANS, MUST ADAPT.. Take It Or Leave It.
    I am tired of this nation worrying about whether we are offending some individual or their culture. Since the terrorist attacks on Bali , we have experienced a surge in patriotism by the majority of Australians. '

'This culture has been developed over two centuries of struggles, trials and victories by millions of men and women who have sought freedom'

'We speak mainly ENGLISH, not Spanish, Lebanese, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, or any other language. Therefore, if you wish to become part of our society, Learn the language!'

'Most Australians (but not me) believe in God. This is not some Christian, right wing, political push, but a fact, because Christian men and women, on Christian principles, founded this nation, and this is clearly documented It is certainly appropriate to display it on the walls of our schools. If God offends you, then I suggest you consider another part of the world as your new home, because God is part of our culture.'

'We will accept your beliefs, and will not question why. All we ask is that you accept ours, and live in harmony and peaceful enjoyment with us.'

'This is OUR COUNTRY, OUR LAND, and OUR LIFESTYLE, and we will allow you every opportunity to enjoy all this. But once you are done complaining, whining, and griping about Our Flag, Our Pledge, Our Christian beliefs, or Our Way of Life, I highly encourage you take advantage of one other great Australian freedom, 'THE RIGHT TO LEAVE'.'
    'If you aren't happy here then LEAVE. We didn't force you to come here. You asked to be here. So accept the country YOU accepted.'

I wholeheartedly agree with the above, it's time we had some plain speaking from the chinless wonders that rule the UK. This pandering to ethnic minorities who we have allowed to settle in our country is out of control.

2. I heard it was Julia Gillard but regardless of who was the originator they are words that need to be said. Those people that we allow to settle in our country who then go on to bite the hand that feeds them should be sent back from whence they came. The problem being that no one in power has the bollocks to grab the bull by the horns and tell them the way it is.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2011
  3. Not quite. Julia Gillard is Australia's first female Prime Minister and an immigrant from Barry, South Wales. I wonder how well she has assimilated into the country's Aboriginal (i.e. 'native') culture?

4. It would appear that she has integrated into that predominantly Christian country extremely well.

5. What a load of old bollocks; recycled racist shite thinly disguised as patriotism and attributed to various people who would never actually utter such idiocy.

6. Current Affairs eh?

I can never imagine anyone shouting 'Good old Fred!' at this poster's 2nd hand pearl of wisdom.

7. Come on folks wake up the vipers are amongst us and in order to appease the LimpDem the Tories are set to relax control orders on terror suspects; it would appear that a fresh batch of lunatics have taken over the asylum for the previous incumbents.

8. chieftiff

chieftiff War Hero Moderator

Attributing it to Julia Gillard is the most humorous thing, if anyone wanted me to listen to this shite then they might want to attribute it to someone who I don't want to mute the instant she opens her mouth. I read "Julia Gillard does some plain speaking" and my brain screamed 'stop reading, this is the woman who sounds like she is putting on a comedy Australian accent with a hint of parkinson's disease.....'

9. As for being a load of shite I would say that the words sum up well the feelings of most indigenous Brits, we are a generous race of people but we don't like anyone taking the piss.

10. Seadog

Seadog War Hero Moderator

Quimmers, be a good immigrant and abide by the rules when you are posting in Current Affairs. We've had mature discussions about so called taboo subjects before, way before you swam ashore. But using your bollocks original post as a premise tells other posters that you are 'not intelligent / mature enough to talk with grown ups'. So, learn the language or swim / crawl back to whence you came.

11. Call it what you like... this 'statement' must have originated in Australia..... every time it's discarded..... it keeps coming back ! :happy8:

12. I thought it was an excellent catalyst to bring about a discussion on what is a very current affair, shame that it appears to have gone over your 'mature, intelligent and grown’ up head. It’s a shame that as a moderator you seem unable to moderate your use of personal insults to a new member and this does make me wonder how you came to be appointed to a position of responsibility in the first place?

13. Ah - you have obviously been to Fuengirola, Torremolinos et al then! Or Little Britain as we call it. ^^

Fortunately, we live where we live so we could integrate with the locals, ie the Spanish.

14. A good point but we don't then go on to formulate foul plans to murder as many of our hosts as possible or stand on the street abusing their armed forces.

15. For further context I would add a slightly amended line from this Quim's OP

<<....If you aren't happy here at RR Current Affairs then LEAVE. We didn't force you to come here. You asked to be here.....>>

16. Fortunately dribbling racists like this seem to get bored on here quite quickly and go and spout their hate elsewhere.

17. Seadog

Seadog War Hero Moderator

Check my join date and compare it to the site's creation. I'm indigenous population you dumb jungle bunny.

(Sorry folks..just had to :happy8:)

Last edited: Jan 16, 2011