Judges verdicts, Why are the police wasting their time?

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by slim, Feb 15, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Would throwing him the slammer have been the best solution? Did he know the car was stolen? Was he still sat in the car because he was in a car chase induced brick-it fit? Did he realise that he was in poo and give in to the inevitable?

This is one we could probably discuss, perchance argue, for weeks. For what it's worth, I think the Court probably got it right.

2. Because its their job. When I was in the force it was my job to get them into court in the first place then it was the courts job to deal with them. I learnt very early on in my career that it was not worth loosing any sleep over judgements made in court. If the scroats got off I knew it would not be long before they came again.

3. They can't put characters like this in prison as they are all full. We just need to build more.

4. The magistrates said they had given him a chance. The guy has already had more chances than cards on a monopoly board.

5. Unless I'm missing something, he was a passenger in a stolen car. Hence my question, did he know it was stolen? Do we know if he knew the light fingered driver? Clearly he had been an accessory to an offence so the scuffs had to drag him in. It's then the Court's job to decide if he was guilty of an offence and I suspect (bugger all clues in the news piece) they decided that he was in the wrong place, then the wrong car, at the wrong time.

I do agree, though, that the Courts do seem to let a high proportion of bandits and general bad buggers go free.