Judas returns from Afganistan

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by wet_blobby, May 4, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

I used to like this bloke.

http://www2.labour.org.uk/60-seconds-to-protect-the-economy-jobs-services

Seems his trips to Afghanistan were all about him, not about the people he had the privilege to be amongst.

What a [email protected]

If this isn't suitable for CA then please move.

2. He's entitled to his opinion, even if it's wrong. Shame though because I liked him as well and to think he can be so shortsighted (IMO) takes some of the shine off.

3. He is just as entitled as you blokes to his political views and I think considering how much he has done to bring the Afghan war into our living rooms and put himself in the line of fire your posted personal attacks on him are immature, grow up and get a grip.

4. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

I'm immature, take that as a given. But for someone to harp on about GB being the best thing since sliced bread where money management is concerned yet make a TV programme and show sorrow over the deaths of British servicemen killed on duty and the reason for their deaths is lack of equipment due to poor funding because of GB's policy's kind of sticks in the craw.

5. Fink

By that token I'm also immature ... but equally entitled to MY opinion (and since I made it very clear in my first few words on MY post that he was entitled to HIS opinion I find your condescending attitude somewhat offensive

6. Ditto !

7. Well I find your petty sniping at whom in IMO is an all round good egg also offensive. Maybe you would do better by talking to people who have met him out there and find out what they think of him? If you want to call him a ****** seek him out and tell him to his face rather than use your forum anonymity.

8. Given your use of the word "offensive" I take it this post is aimed specifically at me since I haven't seen it elsewhere (eg in wet-blobby's post) so;

Where in my post have I called him a ****** or anything else for that matter?

Have I said (anywhere) that he hasn't done a lot of good with his TV programme (which, incidentally I really enjoyed) and for which I admire him immensely?

I think the growing up and getting a grip process you previously mentioned is something that you need to get hold of!

9. Purple_twiglet

Purple_twiglet War Hero Moderator

Grow up the lot of you, or this thread will be quickly gashbarged.

10. He is a two faced twat. He goes to Afghan, sees the shit the guys are in, sees the kit shortages, then has the audacity to shmooze the Labia Partei, why the hell isnt he berating his Labia Luvies for not providing the gelt to equip the Army properly. A twat of the first water................and he is OFF my Xmas list, the twat.

11. Isn't it interesting how some Mods are quite happy to take the moral high ground when they are not personally impuned and then jump into righteous indignation mode at other times - be careful P-T, this may come back and bite you in the arse.

12. Whoah, careful; you'll have P-T stepping over to strut his MOD stuff there too :twisted:

13. I don't know why you chaps are so surprised as he's just a bloody actor, thespian, board trampler. He plays hard man parts and digging in with the lads was a heaven sent self promotional opportunity. At ENDEX, he's still a fluffy luvvy.

Now remind me; which way do arty, fluffy luvvies normally incline?

14. He has done more to highlight the British armed forces in Afghanistan to the British general public than the vast majority than most of you *******. If he wants to support labour than that's his loss. He has been a massive boost to help for Heros . I don't give a damn what his politics is, he's still a good bloke.

15. To clarify, I did not imply that you had called him a ****** that 'palm’ goes to WB.

16. Well put POL, He's obviously a very good actor, because he's convinced some posters that he is the character that he purports to be (Walter Mitty ring any bells?) I personally can't stand him ... he's a one trick pony, but, he is entitled to his opinion, and he earns his living by acting, which is what he is doing now.

17. First-rate acting when he was legging it down the hill with rounds ricocheting around his feet, real John Wayne stuff. He is obviously an actor who likes to really get into his role. :roll:

18. So in reality then, if you don't vote labour the Mitchell brothers will come round and do one.
    I am not influenced by any luvvy used by any party as I think it's just a cynical move on their part.
    Whether it's Sir Micheal Caine for the Tories, Ross Kemp for Labour or Tufty the squirel for thr Lib Dems.

19. My bold.
    Reading someone else's words then. Nothing changed in this role then.