Discussion in 'Sports and Adventure Training' started by The_Utter_Bastard, Mar 22, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Has anyone any idea how long the waiting list for proficiency/ML courses are at the moment? How realistic are the chances of getting on one for AT with an aim to working towards a JSMEL certificate? Any info at all about the courses and how to get on em would be great.

Cheers, TUB
  2. Check your PMs

3. JSTMC Indefatigable (N.Wales) run MLT courses quite reguarly- look in DINS or contact them, PM me for phone number. Regards JSMEL, its requires a lot of hard work and should not be treated as an attendance course (unlike the MLT). Post MLT you need to get at least 40 additional days in the mountains logged in a log book, be a member of the BMC (British Mountaineering Council) and attend a first aid course and only when you think you are completely ready for JSMEL should you apply. Top Tip- try to get on a JSMEL course that is registered for the civil qualification! The 2 things people general fail JSMEL on are map reading and security on steep ground- have both of these nailed. To be honest with you, JSMEL was one of the hardest courses I have done in the pusser- its like doing your driving test for a week! On a positive note, its a great qualifiaction to have and the instructors are extremely professional. You also get to meet people from the other services (I'm not sure if thats a good or a bad point!). Finally good luck with the MLT- if youneed any further info PM me. :)
  4. Excellent info, cheers!