JPA

rosinacarley said:
RomftRoy said:
rosinacarley said:
I am not sure if you have been following the RNR thread along the same lines, but we are suffering too.

I had occasion to call my unit and it would seem that the whole RNR has only been paid a minimal amount of what they are due. However it would also seem that the sh1t has hit the fan.

But unlike you we do not have the support that you have, and it would have been nice to receive an email from say Commarres along the lines of 'we know it is Xmas, we know we have cocked up your pay, we know you are all spitting feathers, and we are doing x, y and z to resolve'

But no ... nothing, zilch, de nada ... just like always. Perhaps they are (a) working so hard to resolve our issues that they cannot even stop for a cuppa or (b) in the 'break out' rooms in that very expensive building and have completely lost touch with reality or (c) perhaps they do not give a damn.

Should we take a vote on which it is?
The problem for the RNR has been caused by individuals not keeping up with their Admin. There has been a significant pile of inputs submitted by Reserve Units to be handled manually by JPA some of it dating back 9 months. If people had kept up with their admin there would not be such a large backlog and then you would all have had a chance of being paid correctly the first time. To be fair a lot of people have worked very hard to clear the work and get you paid before christmas.

RR
Not wishing to argue with you RR because you are clearly in the know. However I can assure you that my pay was absolutely fine until 4 weeks ago with the introduction of JPA. I am not sure what inputs you are referring to, but I assume these are the nightly drills and the rest of the stuff rather than our personal details. I am of course happy to be corrected. However, how can everybody be behind on their inputs and if you know, CMR must know and why are they not talking to us.
Your pay details probably were upto date as were those of many others but there were a number of others who were not as good at admin as you and this caused the backlog which included all of the October drill nights. As for CMR I am not answerable for them but they were told to get Admin upto date for all Reserves before the cutover to JPA and clearly the message has not permeated to all corners.

RR

Just back from HMS Ocean on Op Whatevercomesupwe'lldo. JPA seemed to roll out with no probs, however a lot of 845 guys didn't get their LSA paid to them.

Talking of LSA, I am pee'd off that my two years LSSB qualifying time (pre-'97) has not been taken into account. As a Jungly we were only ever accrued LSSB when we went away, unlike the zoomies and pingers who got it every day (even at home) because they were 'allocated to a ship'. Therefore, our two years qualifying time was actually two years at sea! Subsequently I have ended up with the same number of days LSA as some of our first tour AET's that have just done tours in Basrah!! And that is with 250+ days of LSSA!!

A good reason for a representation?

JunglyDaz said:
Just back from HMS Ocean on Op Whatevercomesupwe'lldo. JPA seemed to roll out with no probs, however a lot of 845 guys didn't get their LSA paid to them.

Talking of LSA, I am pee'd off that my two years LSSB qualifying time (pre-'97) has not been taken into account. As a Jungly we were only ever accrued LSSB when we went away, unlike the zoomies and pingers who got it every day (even at home) because they were 'allocated to a ship'. Therefore, our two years qualifying time was actually two years at sea! Subsequently I have ended up with the same number of days LSA as some of our first tour AET's that have just done tours in Basrah!! And that is with 250+ days of LSSA!!

A good reason for a representation?
It must be worth a shot JunglyDaz - you've nothing to lose and everything to gain.

LG_380 said:
RomftRoy said:
LG_380 said:
Keep a good eye on what is happening especially where you have had a draft order issued prior to the JPA roll out. I just finished a long PJT and due return back to my parent unit this next week to be informed that because I have a few more PJT's in the line, that C'wood will stay as my accounting HR for the next few months even though I'm not going back there. Drafty doesn't want to try and re-assign my account back to my parent unit just in case it messes up my pay. (Bless him, first time he's done something nice for me 8O !!!!!!)
Civvies in C'wood UPO/MACCO were not very helpful at all. Managed to track down a few Scribes in other bases and got a lot of much more helpful info.
Once again the system is being blamed for the inabilities of some individuals. Even though you do not have an assignment order back to your parent unit the HR Admin Staff can still arrive you back in the unit and administer you until you return to COLLINGGRAD!

My advie is go down to the UPO and get them to Arrive you as Temporary without and Assignment Order.

RR
Thanks for that bit of info, but not quite that easy. I'm in Pompey D'yard, my parent unit is a RAF unit in Norfolk and as I said in previous, am not going back to Collingwood at any time before joining next unit.
Tis the 1st time that any one has mentioned this "Arrive you as Temporary without and Assignment Order."
So to have a go at me for not knowing how the system can be tweaked
ie "Once again the system is being blamed for the inabilities of some individuals." I will reply with "Civvies in C'wood UPO/MACCO were not very helpful at all."
But Thank you for giving me the correct info, as it's nice to know that someone somewhere knows what they are doing and can help. :lol:
Very disappointed that you think the civvies in Collingwood/Macco were not very helpful. Being directly involved with their roll out with JPA, they were the most helpful, professional people that I have dealt with. Assignment orders and the way we deal with them is still a 'hot potato' with DNCM and the ICTs. It can be done better, and will evolve as we all learn the system.

Navyred said:
LG_380 said:
RomftRoy said:
LG_380 said:
Keep a good eye on what is happening especially where you have had a draft order issued prior to the JPA roll out. I just finished a long PJT and due return back to my parent unit this next week to be informed that because I have a few more PJT's in the line, that C'wood will stay as my accounting HR for the next few months even though I'm not going back there. Drafty doesn't want to try and re-assign my account back to my parent unit just in case it messes up my pay. (Bless him, first time he's done something nice for me 8O !!!!!!)
Civvies in C'wood UPO/MACCO were not very helpful at all. Managed to track down a few Scribes in other bases and got a lot of much more helpful info.
Once again the system is being blamed for the inabilities of some individuals. Even though you do not have an assignment order back to your parent unit the HR Admin Staff can still arrive you back in the unit and administer you until you return to COLLINGGRAD!

My advie is go down to the UPO and get them to Arrive you as Temporary without and Assignment Order.

RR
Thanks for that bit of info, but not quite that easy. I'm in Pompey D'yard, my parent unit is a RAF unit in Norfolk and as I said in previous, am not going back to Collingwood at any time before joining next unit.
Tis the 1st time that any one has mentioned this "Arrive you as Temporary without and Assignment Order."
So to have a go at me for not knowing how the system can be tweaked
ie "Once again the system is being blamed for the inabilities of some individuals." I will reply with "Civvies in C'wood UPO/MACCO were not very helpful at all."
But Thank you for giving me the correct info, as it's nice to know that someone somewhere knows what they are doing and can help. :lol:
Very disappointed that you think the civvies in Collingwood/Macco were not very helpful. Being directly involved with their roll out with JPA, they were the most helpful, professional people that I have dealt with. Assignment orders and the way we deal with them is still a 'hot potato' with DNCM and the ICTs. It can be done better, and will evolve as we all learn the system.
Especially when you consider that the core of their experienced staff have just been made redundant. 8O

The JPA thread in the RNR section has thrown up the question of whether or not anyone has been promoted since switching over to the JPA. Given that the crabs have been on it for ages, it seems we'd have heard about this by now if it was a problem. Does anyone have any buzz that can obfuscate the waters a bit more?

sootblower

Lantern Swinger
JPA - Fantastic. Got an extra £200 this month that I'm not entitled to. Spoke to the UPO, clueless as usual. Money in a high interest account. Cheers easy! JPA expenses submitted on line & paid pronto. So far it gets my vote.

When you do your drafting preference look at the very last choice - VIP. What is that all about?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
shazam21 Bases / Shore Est 0
J MoD News 10
S Finance & Pensions 10