JPA overpayments

#1
Hi all havent posted much but come looking for help.
Not sure if this is the right place.

Basically for 2 years running have had GPD's created for mistakes made by HR staff with pay and leave,

in essence i have been payed the money they made mistake with and then payed it back as per there current SOP's

my bug bear is that this then leaves me paying tax twice on this recieved money and this isnt right as far as i can see.

Anyone know how to go and sort it as HR staff wont deal with tax. i am probably looking at maybe a tax office that can understand the RN policy and pay arrangement.

hope this makes sense.

cheers in advance.

shoots
 
#2
shoots said:
Hi all havent posted much but come looking for help.
Not sure if this is the right place.

Basically for 2 years running have had GPD's created for mistakes made by HR staff with pay and leave,
All too common, I'm afraid.

then he said:
in essence i have been payed the money they made mistake with and then payed it back as per there current SOP's

my bug bear is that this then leaves me paying tax twice on this recieved money and this isnt right as far as i can see.
No, it doesn't. The way PAYE works takes into account the money you 'pay back' (you don't actually pay it back, you just don't get it paid)

after which he said:
Anyone know how to go and sort it as HR staff wont deal with tax. i am probably looking at maybe a tax office that can understand the RN policy and pay arrangement.
HR staff? WTF? We have writers. I might concede that they are now loggies (pers), but HR staff, never until the next branch review, that is
Anyway, nothing to sort out, as you are not paying tax twice, you are paying the correct amount.

then he said:
hope this makes sense.
Not really.

and said:
cheers in advance.
You're welcome.

finally he said:
JC :rendeer:
 
#3
Cheers JC however my understanding of PAYE doesnt extend that far and maybe i need to learn,

all i can see is my tax paid each time this happens and having recieved the extra £900 ish i have paid nearly £180 extra tax + NI on this money so it seems that i have paid tax on it in one way or another.

shoots
 
#4
Having had something similar to this.

Was paid £3000 incorrectly and paid less because of tax and NI.

When the £3000 was retreived they took it before tax was paid and I actually paid less tax that month.

Worked out the differences and it totalled correctly.

That is what should have happened.

Check back on you pay, tax and work it out.
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Tritech The Quarterdeck 14
M The Quarterdeck 20
S The Fleet 147

Similar threads

Latest Threads

New Posts

Top