JPA Overpayment.

Discussion in 'The Quarterdeck' started by buffer01, Mar 23, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Has anybody heard of this one? According to the Rumour Control, two lucky Crab Fats were overpaid by JPA? Not a couple of quid mind you.... heard that a RAF Corporal was paid £1.2million and a Wing Commander was paid £1.9 million!! And, according to the rule book that the White Mafia work to, you can only recover 4 day's pay every month. Now, by my reckoning, their a sure fire cert to be on the next 2OE signal.
  2. That would be covered by the theft act - dishonestly receiving a money transfer - the dishonesty would cover not returning what one is not entitled to have.

I'm not sure it says anything about having to pay back any interest though - if it is true I wonder how much interest they have made before they have/will pay it back !

Not convinced they could only recover 4 days per month either for this one - nice thought though !
  3. Doubt if it's theft. They are not trying to keep the money and are willing to honestly repay what they're not entitled to. They are just going by MOD rules that only allow overpayment to be recovered at a max of 4 days pay/month.
    If true (heard the same buzz last night) they did receive this, they should stick to their guns & only repay it at the correct amount. :lol:
    Pusser is only too happy to take money off you as quick as possible if you c*ck up. Hoist by their own petard methinks !

edited for mong spelling
  4. Get the money into a high interest account for cpl days - should build up some monies before they have to hand it back

5. Do it , It's there cock up , they will get there money back , your just getting the interest accrued because of there mistake ,
  6. The most we've given away was to an officer on foreign appointment. The yearly allowance rate was input instead of his daily rate and he got £228,000. He rang up and JPA recovered it fairly sharpish.
  7. I heard this one too, also got told that they had to write a cheque to pay it back!
  8. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Doubtless the biggest cock-ups have yet to be discovered.