JPA - Mid monthly payments - Question?

Discussion in 'The Fleet' started by Squirrel, Jan 31, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Good morning.
    I have finally got things sorted for a nice wadge of RILOR backpay, but I have received conflicting stories from two separate LWTR's on when I might be paid what I'm owed; one has told me that there is no such thing as a mid-monthly any more, and that I'll have to wait until the end of Feb for my dosh, which is fine with me. LWTR2 has told me that I should get a mid-monthly...when I mentioned what LWTR1 said, he said "no, there still are mid monthlies and you might well get one"

Basically, who's right? Anyone know 'cos I don't know what to believe.

2. Squirrel,
    We have just been chatting in the office and the opinion is, that if you are owed an amount of money and the peperwork goes in, then you are usually paid that money, via JPA within a few days or so.
    As always though, check with the UPO shippers. :smile:
  3. Thanks FD, I'll head back to confront them with this directly :)
  4. No worries. Once the UPO has actioned your paperwork it's in the hands of the Gods!! :shock: :roll:
  5. that's pretty much what I thought to be honest....and they have actioned it now...the wait begins. :)
  6. No more mid monthlies I'm afraid. Basically the pay cut off is usually the 16th of the month. Then if you have anything else actioned within that month they do another pay run round about 4 days before pay day and you should get it on or just after main pay day.

Hope this helps.
  7. On the plus side though, now if you owe the RN a large amount they can't take it all back off you in one go. The maximum they can take off you is 4 days pay per month
  8. On this one occasion the RNR seems to be one better than the RN - I have been paid every 2 weeks since the introduction of JPA!

I am still owed £300 but still, can't have everything!
  9. Nice one! Just checked JPA and lo and behold, there was a "RUN 2" but not for the backpay, only for this months Home to Duties, although the LWTR actioned the payment from 20th november! Better than nothing I guess.

Thanks for your replies