JPA Downtime 23 Aug - 3 Sep 13

Discussion in 'MoD News' started by JPA Watch, Aug 9, 2013.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Attached is some information about JPA being unavailable from 1700 hrs 23 Aug until 0800 hrs 3 Sep and what you might do to minimise the impact on you.

Attached Files:

2. Personally, I'm looking forward to actually getting outside and seeing some sunshine. That's the sum total of my preparations.
  3. I get bombed out just the same with Oracle, but then the browser reloads and hey presto!
  4. tiddlyoggy

tiddlyoggy War Hero Book Reviewer

Ah, the joy of trying to get into Oracle. Spending hours doing a write up then Oracle crashing. I don't miss being a DO at all.
  5. There is actually a fix. If you really need it, drop me a pm and I'll share it.
  6. I'll let them know. I was lucky and had no issue, it might actually mean needing your system replaced with a new machine branded as being "made in Britain". One of the guys in the office received one.
  7. What ever happened to good old reliable pen and paper?

Posted from the Navy Net mobile app (Android / iOS)
  8. I've passed it up that the fix doesn't work for laptops, so god knows how long it'll be until they get around to it.
  9. So JPA has been updated and.... they've somehow managed to make it even more gash than before. The only upside at the moment is that it can load up really, really quickly on certain areas.

Two days of it working though and there's an awareness of problems into double figures that I know of. Who knows what the focal point in Faslane has got to see...

So far:
    GYH journeys are showing as -505000000000000 miles. So we have to go into Oracle to check (Work! Woo!)
    If you want to print your SJAR/OJAR off in word format, it adds bizarre symbols to give it a semblance of insanity
    If you load it up for the first time, it will take nearly forever to load up
    Ditto the Oracle side
    The explanation for the new Absences screen is utter gash and has become counter-intuitive
    The self service user guides have NOT been updated as promised

These are the main gripes for me and these are in areas that most users will tend to use or go to. I never thought I'd say this, but the previous version prior to the update was a hell of a lot better in most respects. I haven't even seen the pay statements yet, I'm scared to even look.

I can't believe that this was even tested prior to the update because it's as buggy as hell. The only thing going for it is the speed (once you've loaded it up after the third time)... If this was an SJAR then upgrade would have to be marked down as a D overall.
  10. I didn't know that MPs used JPA.
  11. Maybe they could?
    • Like Like x 1