Journalism - yeah, right

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by chinamatelot, May 31, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Be reasonable, it's the Express after all, it's soldiers, vaguely arabic background, it'll do for the average Express reader.
  2. The EXPRESS ? I find it difficult at times to believe the date on this rag !
  3. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

When all's said and done this pathetic publication writes complete bile about the armed forces.

It would appear their photographic editors strive to match their consistently low journalistic standards.

And fail.
  4. Totally agree - hence the post. They are probably the buggers trolling the site having been promoted from the Sun.

Mind you, staring at tits all day through the lens can damage your photographic genius!
  5. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Must confess, I have that snag when I go abroad on my hols too.
  6. Easy - they don't have the harry black maskers over their eyes.

That'll be my taxi............. :cyclops:
  7. PPPPS Nothing is wrong with the photograph its the caption that is questionable.

Other than they are not in hooded black one piece suits.

No really, it may seem obvious that they are yanks, but perhaps to blend in with local forces in Bagdad the SAS have adopted US rig to avoid standing out as a higher risk target.

Unless you can show different you have to accept what the photographer says.

Nutty "The Devils Advocate"

PPS is it really that important, plus a respondent to the article, third e-mail has stated this fact.

PPPS If they wore UK Uniform or civvies they be well up for Blue on Blue it is a US Zone you know.
  8. They could be Special American Soldiers :)
  9. And you think the Express is clever enough to work that one out for themselves?
  10. Good one , clever barstard :thumright:

11. Definitely Yanks. The uniform is all wrong and to be fair, I doubt that any Journo who took a phot of the SAS all geared up like that would ever make it to the print room.

12. But their mommies told them they were all special!
  13. Taking out the investagative journalists who do some good work I think spitting image had them down to a T.
  14. The picture aside; it's really bloody bright telling Johnny Ra****d what the Hooligans are planning and, effectively, where. If I were a hostage holding Terr, I think I would want to be well away from the permanently silenced evidence.

Speaking of irresponsible newspapers, we have; , HARRY TRAINS FOR AFGHAN MISSION!

I keep forgetting; it's in the public interest and our right to know.
  15. :biggrin:
  16. Having worked with Jurnos for the best part of 20 years, most are only fit to order another round and score some charlie. Trust me you dont have to be bright to be your average gutter press jurno, a few good contacts, an ability to lick arse or if your a woman a good line in flirting or a little more and if needed.