Jossmen and boneheads

sgtpepperband

War Hero
Book Reviewer
It is an occupational hazard, but like most things you learn to brush it off - it's not personal (unless you make it personal!) but you get grief for what you represent. If you let people get to you, you're in the wrong job.

It's no different to skimmers giving sh!t to crabmariners, WAFUs and Stewards... we're all watchkeepers on the Station Bill of life! :lol:

With a VERY few exceptions - all the regulators I've worked with over teh years have been pretty decent guys.

Re the few exceptions I mentioned, the regulators don't hold the monopoly on people who act like tossers. regrettably we've got them in every branch and before anyone asks - No I'm not an ex Reggie.

SF

Old_Bill said:
My my, I do seem to have touched some raw nerves. I was under the impression when I joined this site a short time ago that it was the place to express opinions, views, and join in with banter, without having to suffer personal villification. How wrong I was!

Most of the "flak" directed at me is from people who don't know me and do not know my background, much less my previous employment, and therefore I feel, not worthy of a response.

That, ladies and gentlemen, is my final word on the subject.

Goodbye, and may your God go with you
My, my, very touchy old boy. If I remember a few posts back it was you that flung the first dung. An old saying,"empty vessels make the most noise" springs to mind. :wink:

Most of the reggies I've served with have been pretty decent. Of course there are one or two exceptions but, as SF says, There are twunts in all branches, and all ranks/rates.

Was going to say a few things about the Reggies i've known, but after reading the last few posts, i think i'll keep me mouth shut!!! Seriously, there have been good and bad..but i do remember the Lreg in St.Angelo, Malta in the early 70's who i teamed up with one Xmas eve for patrol (yes, Xmas Fcuking eve!). I was the Killick off the Fife (and two), and managed to get rat-arsed down the Gut where we were arrested by the other patrol who were completely sober of course. Poor Lreg had to take all the flak!
(i was not a reggie by the way)

All branches are victims of stereotyping. Not all reggies are bastards, any more than all dabbers are thick, stewards are gay, Wafus are lazy, WE's are geeky, submariners are infertile,Jack Dusties are tightfisted, officers are chinless and not all stokers are sex gods!
Its just part of the fun to pidgeonhole people.

Got nabbed after a scrum in Martine's once...when I got back to Nelson the LReg's saw my RNR ID card...turned to each other and said "Do you know how to troop a Reservist???"

After a shrug of shoulders...."It was there's the door on your Way Jack..quick sharpish"

Nice one fellas...Happy Days!!!

Ive always found the reggie's to be really fair..its the numpties/MOD plod you have to worry about when coming through the gate with an intermitent gyro failure!

Got done for trying to get thorugh main gate at Collingwood with my Barclaycard..when the MOD plod politely informed me it wasnt acceptable..I tried to explain that Barclaycard was acceptable in millions of outlets worldwide you fuckwit....to no avail....serious sense of humour failure....again the Reggie thought it was hilarious and shared the joke after he done me for losing my ID card..... :x :x

Stripey_G said:
Was going to say a few things about the Reggies i've known, but after reading the last few posts, i think i'll keep me mouth shut!!! Seriously, there have been good and bad..but i do remember the Lreg in St.Angelo, Malta in the early 70's who i teamed up with one Xmas eve for patrol (yes, Xmas Fcuking eve!). I was the Killick off the Fife (and two), and managed to get rat-arsed down the Gut where we were arrested by the other patrol who were completely sober of course. Poor Lreg had to take all the flak!
(i was not a reggie by the way)
I was a Fifer 70 to 73