jolly roger

Discussion in 'The Quarterdeck' started by DarkSide24, Dec 23, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ladies & Gents,

A quick question re a 'novelty' gift...are braces for mess kit with skull and crossbone patterns acceptable in the wardroom? Non-submariner sporting said braces. Apologies if this is the wrong forum.

Cheers in advance!

DS24

2. DarkSide24,

Deep down most Submariners are a caring bunch who sympathise with those lesser mortals, like the shy and retiring lassie below, who are forever seeking to improve their inadequate appearance.

[​IMG]

I would therefore suggest that you may get away with discrete images of the skull and crossbones adorning your orthodontic appliances - But only with the proviso that your hairpiece is also dyed to match the exact shade of that depicted above.

Your apologies are accepted but for future inquiries of such a delicate nature this one is more appropriate: Submariners

3. silverfox

silverfox War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Yes. As are shirts with coloured sleeves and backs.. or a tactical waistcoat....

Attached Files:

4. Many thanks for your replies. I believe Silver Fox correctly identified the subject of my query as being the variant of braces that hold up one's trousers, as opposed to those which correct one's teeth(!).

BreathingOut, I'll repost in the SM forum, cheers again.

5. Cheers mate, a valid point and so eloquently put!

6. Braces are the least of your worries.
    Have you sorted out what type and make of iron is best, whether to take a case or a grip and most important of all if you should close your eyes when your steward kisses you goodnight.