Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Joke that made I giggle

An Irishman walks into a bar in Dublin, and orders three pints of Guinness.
He sits in the back of the room, drinking a sip out of each one in turn.
When he finished all three, he came back to the bar and ordered three more.
The bartender says to him,
"You know, a pint goes flat after I draw it but it would taste better if you bought one at a time."
The Irishman replies, "Well, you see, I have two brothers.
One is in America, the other in Australia, and I'm here in Dublin.
When we all left home, we promised that we'd drink this way to remember the days when we all used to drink together."
The bartender admits that this is a nice custom, and leaves it there.
The Irishman becomes a regular in the bar and always drinks the same way.
He orders three pints and drinks the three pints by taking drinks from each of them in turn.
Just after New Year's Day, he comes in and orders two pints.
All the other regulars in the bar notice and fall silent.
When he comes back to the bar for the second round, the bartender says,
"I don't want to intrude on your grief, but I wanted to offer my condolences on your sad loss."
The Irishman looks confused for a moment, then a light dawns in his eyes and he laughs.
"Oh, no," he says, "Everyone is fine. It's me......I'm doing Dry January!" 😂😂😂

Well at least half of em are dancing with joy joined by the crew at the other end of the East Lancs/ M62.
I‘ve bumped into him a couple of times walking his dog at Freshfield always happy to exchange the niceties as was Carlo Ancelotti when he was at Everton, he used to walk the Crosby seafront.

Translation
Not every Liverpudlian will be crying in his pint,the blue half (Everton supporters) will be rolling around laughing as will the Man City ones and their lesser neighbours Man utd.
Klopp walks his dog where I take my youngest daughters hound for a walk and occasionally we cross paths. Ancelotti used to walk the Crosby seafront where me and my brother in law walk and both will give you the time of day.

Translation
Not every Liverpudlian will be crying in his pint,the blue half (Everton supporters) will be rolling around laughing as will the Man City ones and their lesser neighbours Man utd.
Klopp walks his dog where I take my youngest daughters hound for a walk and occasionally we cross paths. Ancelotti used to walk the Crosby seafront where me and my brother in law walk and both will give you the time of day.
I for one (being an Evertonian) find this hilarious, they will be screaming for Stevie G laaa or King Kenny next.. :)

This was spotted online, proper knobs!!!

Kopite.png

I for one (being an Evertonian) find this hilarious, they will be screaming for Stevie G laaa or King Kenny next.. :)

This was spotted online, proper knobs!!!

View attachment 77053

I used to work with an older guy who had a season ticket for both Everton and Liverpool which used to drive the small minority who were fanatics nuts. His explanation was he just liked watching good football and when the chance came to inherit his uncles season ticket he took it.
Out of a workforce of 50, 46 were scousers, just me from the East Midlands and a guy from SE London, a jock and a Manc who weren’t. Some of the most extreme with the vitriol were the keyboard warrior type who despite living next to the ground never went to a match. Probably there were only three or four who went into a major sulk when the Derby was lost.
My son is a season ticket holder for the Kop his best mate is a season ticket holder at Everton, much of the angst around football is generated by keyboard warriors who dwell under bridges, never attend games and only real interest is winding people up.

I worked in Liverpool for a while in 1990's............anyone know why, when I worked at Bootle most were Liverpool fans, but when I worked POLB at Pierhead, most were Evertonians? Me? Neither, I'm an exiled East Anglian.
Took me ages to convince Scousers that just because I wore a Blue & White scarf, didnt mean I supported Everton.

Latest Threads