Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Joke that made I giggle

I think I visited that one just the once.
Thing is the best bit about Spoons is the Lavazza coffee , they give you a mug and you help yourself to as much as you like , it knocks spots off Starbucks/Costa/Nero for taste and being Spoons it is good value. Possibly the best venue for coffee , tea , eats is the Bar Convent in York , oldest convent in the country complete with priest hole and although it is on a very busy street you would hardly know it , bonus is it also has rooms so you can stay the night.
Here ends thread drift to promote my local area .......... apart from the link.

Last edited:
Thing is the best bit about Spoons is the Lavazza coffee , they give you a mug and you help yourself to as much as you like , it knocks spots off Starbucks/Costa/Nero for taste and being Spoons it is good value. Possibly the best venue for coffee , tea , eats is the Bar Convent in York , oldest convent in the country complete with priest hole and although it is on a very busy street you would hardly know it , bonus is it also has rooms so you can stay the night.
Here ends thread drift to promote my local area .......... apart from the link.

Me and Mrs T stopped in York on Tuesday, she wanted to go to the chrimbo market.
Stopped at the Seahorse, old Samuel Smiths pub, no phones, laptops, electronic devices allowed in bars. Just a couple of older blokes reading books or doing the crosswords. Cheap place to stop given its York, close to centre and chrimbo.
Just a 5 min walk to spoons for good coffee on way to centre (although it was full of gadget welding idiots).

Me and Mrs T stopped in York on Tuesday, she wanted to go to the chrimbo market.
Stopped at the Seahorse, old Samuel Smiths pub, no phones, laptops, electronic devices allowed in bars. Just a couple of older blokes reading books or doing the crosswords. Cheap place to stop given its York, close to centre and chrimbo.
Just a 5 min walk to spoons for good coffee on way to centre (although it was full of gadget welding idiots).
So you felt at home in spoons:);)

I stayed at the Judges lodgings years ago whilst visiting York, nice and central and coffee served from a silver pot with biccies. Very posh.

A man's driving down a country road when he comes upon a sign saying "Apples - £5.00 each." He thinks that that is a lot of money so he decides to go see what's up. He goes up to the farmer and says, "Hey, how come these apples are 5 quid each?"
The farmer replies, "They are strawberry and cream apples." The farmer hands him one and says, "Here, try one."
So the man takes a bite out of the apple and says, "Strawberry - that's great, but I thought you said that they were strawberry and cream apples."
The farmer tells the man to turn it around. The man bites the other side and exclaims "Well, well, cream!"
The man says, "These apples are great - give me 20."
He gets back in his car and drives a little further down the road and then sees another sign "Apples - £10 each."
Again, he pulls over, goes to the farmer and says, "Hey, what's up with these apples?"
The farmer says, "They're ham and cheese apples. Here, try one."
The man takes a bite and exclaims, "Mmmm - ham!" The guy then says, "Let me guess - I have to turn it around."
The guy bites the other side and says, "Cheese." Again the man says, "These apples are great - give me 10."
Then he gets back in his car and drives down the road. He comes upon a third sign that says "Apples - £50 each."
The man really wants to see what's up with these apples. Again, he pulls over, goes up to the farmer and says, "What's the deal with these apples? 50 quid each?"
The farmer tells him that "These apples are pussy apples. Here, try one."
The guy takes a bite out of it and says, "Yuck! This apple tastes like crap."
The farmer says, "Turn it around!"
All reactions:

A man walks into the doctor’s surgery with a frog growing out of his forehead.
The Doctor asks “Bloody hell; how did that get there?

The frog replies: “Dunno, but it started off as a spot on my arse…

(You can substitute an oppo/enemy/politician or MIL for “A man”…)

Latest Threads