Joint Medical Command (Got to start somewhere....)

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by MOD_Joint_Medical_Command, Feb 12, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi,

after much debate, and careful consultation with The Owner, Joint Medical Command commences operations within your hallowed walls.

This is an official MoD presence - if you want any additional details plse PM me.

The intention is not to overwhelm R-R with official pronouncements or tedious repetition of DINs etc - but aim to bring to the attention, in particular of the Royal Naval Medical Service, stuff which may be of interest.

Some while ago, we were very proud that a naval Medical Assistant serving with Joint Medical Command in MDHU Derriford became the first woman in the Royal Navy to be awarded a Military Cross.

I have no doubt that all here are well aware of MA Kate Nesbitt's achievement which was widely covered.

last year, JMC persuaded her to give us a short interview for our in-house journal. For those who may not have sighted - see below:

SBY

2. What a modest, grounded young lady she is. BZ.

3. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Agree. But apparently a good way to wind up her brother (RM Medic) is to ask him: "So are you the one that got the medal? Oh no, that's right... that was your sister! A girl... in the Navy..."

:oops: :wink: :lol:

• Like Like x 1
  4. DINs

I'd like to learn more about the Joint Medical Command. I'm in the Royal Marines Band Collingwood and I have served fo 6 years. I am due to complete a degree in music next year within the job, however I'd like to learn more on the medical front. As a secondary role we are basic medics. We are also stretcher bearers and ambulance drivers which we learn when we are being deployed, but personally I have not been deployed yet. I have done FA2s but they might be out of date by now.

Where can I get more information on medical courses that I can apply to attend? Would it also be possible to attend these courses if I get permission from my unit? I would like to learn as much as possible quite quickly, I'm quite interested in doing a rapid response course to aim towards being a military paramedic.

Many thanks for your time.

5. Well i didn't know that, very interesting.

6. Excellent, many strings to their bows then! Do these RM bandies get deployed on Normal ships? Destroyers and frigates and so on, at a random guess maybe something like part of the medical branch?

7. Ta for reply. Interesting stuff though.

8. and at the end of the working day after they've been humping stretchers etc ... out come their instruments for an impromtu jam session ... or at least they did the last time I worked with them down south. Great bunch of guys!