Joining up

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by janner, Oct 6, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

2. Sorry the internet police at work will not let me go into Facebook (DII is so poooooooooo).

SM

3. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Aha, it works on my stand-alone PC (Did I tell you I've got two computers?)

I've just rung the Department for Work & Pensions to tell them that I think Sandy from Crossroads was pulling a flanker with his wheelchair scam.

One of the slight differences in the 1960's compared to today, was epitomised in the line "I've passed the test & start HMS Raleigh next monday" :-D

4. It had already started to change in the early 70`s I had to wait 3 whole weeks after the test :-D

5. janner

Thanks Nina, brought back some memories, I reckon that I was the same build a "Sandy" when I joined up. I waited 3 months but only because by doing so I avoided Ganges, went in at 16 years 3 months and straight to Collingwood for kitting up thence to Mercury for the 9 months Sparker training.

6. janner

7. I seem to remember the soundtrack from rather different films! A plumber, pizza delivery boy, postman turns up just as some bint gets out of the shower.....you get the picture.
    Didn't the RM one star Benny from Crossroads?:slow:

• Like Like x 1
  8. 4:32 is excellent, big hammer!

9. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Reckon that must have been made immediately after WWII, if not actually during the war.