Joining up tomorrow 13/03.06,help needed asap please!!

Quick update.

Done his weekend up on Dartmoor and really enjoyed it (Even doing the 2am til 3 am watch on Sunday morning!)

said it was a long old walk on Sunday but they all got there in the end,into Seamanship week now and been doing the RAS and throwing the heaving lines as well as bows and hitches and another exam to look forward to tomorrow,but as every week goes by he is loving it more and more.

And they get shore leave Sat pm for 5 hours I think.

dondon

MIA
Good to hear he's loving it , honestly hope he carry's on in that way, theres piss all in civvy street these day's , even the call centers are moving to Bangalore or some other strange shore , country has gone to pot , any way must stop waffling on , give him every one's reguards mate :roll: :lol:

PompeySailor

Lantern Swinger
Shore leave for 5 hours? Torpoint then, quick reintroduction to beer and females.

Tell him to try and stay out of trouble!

Glad he's doing well and enjoying it. Obviously too much to learn in too short a time to get an RDP so soon. Hope he enjoys the Fleet as much and gets to drink authentic Tiger beer at source. The imported stuff just isn't the same. Perhaps you need to drink it in a hot climate to fully appreciate it?

When he has his Passing Out/In Parade would you post some pics in the Gallery?
[hr]

Dondon, don't discuss moving call centres to Bangalore, you might give the MOD Procurement chaps the idea that they could Rent a Navy from abroad! You do realise that Rum Ration has lurkers from Whitehall and visitors from Parliament? :roll: Incidentally I'm amazed Dondon that you don't get RSI from all that breast manipulation! Great webcam though :wink:

NozzyNozzer said:
He has his Passing in/out parade in 2 weeks time so will do my best to put a couple on here,if I can work out how to do it!! :lol:

By the way,he has had a look on here as they also have some sort of PC Shack down there they can have a go on at weekends if they do all there work apparently

I was going to do the weekly update on my boy and then noticed he has posted on the HMS Raliegh thread today,must be getting soft on the trainees these days.

But briefly,this week was all Parade ground stuff and the Long Run plus the Obstacle Course,and his class were selected to be Rear Admirals Guard next Friday for the Passing In Parade.
They also had there NGT Exam which all the class passed.

Also they had yesterday in the China Fleet Club (I think its called that?) and they were back in time for the end of the FA Cup Final.

This next week is all about NBCD etc and if we get down to Gus early enough on Thurs evening they are allowed out for a meal etc with us but only from about 6.30pm til 10.30 pm.

So as I said I will try to post a few pics of the Passing In Parade on here over next weekend.

Just downloaded a few pics of the Passing in parade from Friday,so a few of us sad old buggers can remember what is was like all those years ago!!

Just wanted also to say a big Thankyou to all concerned down there in Raleigh for an unforgettable day on Friday.

You are shown a film of what they have all been doing for the last 8 weeks (and also as a point of interest they tell you that they have invested £15,000 in each recruit so far!)

You are then invited to go down to the Parade Ground/Drill Shed for the Passing Out Parade,which is a great tradition which has hardly changed in the 32 years since I done it,and when they played Hearts Of Oak,I will admit it choked me up a bit.

Then onto The Raleigh Club to meet the Divisional PO and DO and a the Commander and all the rest of the Staff down there,along with a decent spread of food and Beverages for all.

After all the speeches from all concerned you are then allowed up to there messdeck to see what luxurious conditions they have been living in for the last 2 months,(even have a sort of carpet on the floor of the mess)

Then off home for a Long weekends leave.

A special mention to PO(CA) Pascoe and Lt Kingdon for all they have done for my son for the last 8 weeks,its people like these that makes this Navy one of the best in the world. Many thanks from a very proud Dad.

Great pictures, thanks for sharing them with us. Finger crossed that'll be us in December, and it's good to hear that despite cuts, changes and political correctness the Service is still something to be very proud of.

Nicks said:
Just downloaded a few pics of the Passing in parade from Friday,so a few of us sad old buggers can remember what is was like all those years ago!!

Just wanted also to say a big Thankyou to all concerned down there in Raleigh for an unforgettable day on Friday.

You are shown a film of what they have all been doing for the last 8 weeks (and also as a point of interest they tell you that they have invested £15,000 in each recruit so far!)

You are then invited to go down to the Parade Ground/Drill Shed for the Passing Out Parade,which is a great tradition which has hardly changed in the 32 years since I done it,and when they played Hearts Of Oak,I will admit it choked me up a bit.

Then onto The Raleigh Club to meet the Divisional PO and DO and a the Commander and all the rest of the Staff down there,along with a decent spread of food and Beverages for all.

After all the speeches from all concerned you are then allowed up to there messdeck to see what luxurious conditions they have been living in for the last 2 months,(even have a sort of carpet on the floor of the mess)

Then off home for a Long weekends leave.

A special mention to PO(CA) Pascoe and Lt Kingdon for all they have done for my son for the last 8 weeks,its people like these that makes this Navy one of the best in the world. Many thanks from a very proud Dad.
Thanks for posting the pics. I was about 20 before I looked as mature as your son. As a fully trained 16 year old I still looked like a (smart) nozzer! :lol: I was astonished to see the carpet: standard civil service issue, by the look of it. How sad that there no mess square to lovingly scrub and polish. :wink:

I see from the postings that your son has already began his Pt.2 at Colingrad. It should be a bit more fun than Raleigh.

NozzyNozzer said:
Glad he's doing well and enjoying it. Obviously too much to learn in too short a time to get an RDP so soon. Hope he enjoys the Fleet as much and gets to drink authentic Tiger beer at source. The imported stuff just isn't the same. Perhaps you need to drink it in a hot climate to fully appreciate it?

[hr]

Dondon, don't discuss moving call centres to Bangalore, you might give the MOD Procurement chaps the idea that they could Rent a Navy from abroad! You do realise that Rum Ration has lurkers from Whitehall and visitors from Parliament? :roll: Incidentally I'm amazed Dondon that you don't get RSI from all that breast manipulation! Great webcam though :wink:
Tiger does have that special taste in Singers which I point out many a time and mighty bored they be and probably has to do with the climate and the lassies walking by. Guinness is best drank at source mind I have had a few shite pints over here.

Renta Navy perhaps we could Renta MP say on a monthly progress contract that way they would stay awake a while longer. And learn lessons just that bit earlier!

Nicks, I've just noticed your Ganges phot in the gallery. I've come to the conclusion that looking very young at 16 must have had something to do with being at Ganges: perhaps it made us less prone to aging: all that gentle treatment and TLC! :wink: Clearly Raleigh is harsh and brutal and her nozzers' age more in 8 weeks than we did in a year :lol: I think there should be a public enquiry! 8O

NozzyNozzer said:
Nicks, I've just noticed your Ganges phot in the gallery. I've come to the conclusion that looking very young at 16 must have had something to do with being at Ganges: perhaps it made us less prone to aging: all that gentle treatment and TLC! :wink: Clearly Raleigh is harsh and brutal and her nozzers' age more in 8 weeks than we did in a year :lol: I think there should be a public enquiry! 8O

You may be onto something there!!

I can see it now:

Ganges,The way to look younger for longer,all enquiries to your Local Recruiting office for further details :lol: