Joining up tomorrow 13/03.06,help needed asap please!!

Nicholson

Midshipman
Just want to know,do I need to take socks and running shorts to Raleigh tomorrow?
As it isnt in the inventory needed to take on entry

Cheers

Nicholson

Midshipman
sparks said:
you will need to take your own pt kit..........(arent you leaving it a bit late!)

i got training shoes and a tracksuit as the list says, but i was just wondring if you needed shorts and socks, or do they issue them at raleigh?

sparks

Midshipman
i think it would be wise to take your own socks and shorts !!!! i do wonder if you are leaving your preps a bit late tho!!!

Nicholson

Midshipman
sparks said:
i think it would be wise to take your own socks and shorts !!!! i do wonder if you are leaving your preps a bit late tho!!!

Thanks, ill go and get them now
Dont worry, its all packed and ready to go but when i was packing the question came to me.

Thanks

D108

Badgeman
Good luck and it's a piece of piss, in 9 weeks you'l wonder were the time went. Keep warm up on Dartmore though, and enjoy the three feathers princetown i think that was the name of the pub

Geoff_Wessex

Lantern Swinger
D108 said:
Good luck and it's a piece of piss, in 9 weeks you'l wonder were the time went. Keep warm up on Dartmore though, and enjoy the three feathers princetown i think that was the name of the pub

The "Plume of Feathers"

Bit different for new joiners today, eh? I could have turned up at Ganges in 1967 in the b/buff - there wasn't an item of kit I needed to take - everything from a toothbrush to a duster were given to me, and all my own possessions were sent back home in a box. I'd even had my shortest haircut ever just before going, and they still trimmed me down to the wood.

This is my son actually who is joining today,and as geoff says,when I went to ganges in 74 I didnt need a thing!!

He is going to be a Weapons Technician(A Greenie to all us old farts!)

Many thanks for all the help last night.

Will keep you posted on his progress if you are interested??

D

Deleted 7

He'd have to take his own sports rig, however they will supply him with P.E. gear.

Good luck with your son and keep us update!