Joining up & Holiday

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Suai, Sep 2, 2013.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just a quick question about my application,

I will be attending a PRNC in October, and hopefully upon completion I will be starting HMS Raleigh in January.

Now, between October and January, will it affect my application if I left the country for more than 28 days? I have been invited to work for a Dive centre in Cyprus for a couple of months to fill in the gap between PRNC and Raleigh. I'm not sure if I have to stay in the UK for security reasons? possibly?

hopefully an AFCO can advise me correctly?

thanks!

2. Just be prepared for the fact that you may be asked to join earlier than expected. Of course you can probably turn it down.

I originally had a Jan join date, then September 11th kicked off and loads of people pussied out of joining up in case WW3 was on the horizon. As such my careers office phoned me up in a panic asking if I fancied joining in October instead. On getting to Raleigh, I discovered about a quarter of my entry were people who were originally meant to join in Jan the following year.

Someone sensible will be along shortly to properly answer your question.

3. Ask yer afco, i think it can affect your security clearance if out of the country for over 28 days; might depend on the country you visit though.

• Like Like x 1
  4. ... 'specially if it's Wales.

5. People don't visit Wales, they're sent there ;)

• Like Like x 1
  6. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Anyone stupid enough to want to go to Wales should have their application automatically transferred to the RAF... :shock:

7. I thought we got rid of Wales during the Falklands conflict with torpedos !!

Last edited: Sep 6, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  8. You mean like that future king chap flying jellyopters

9. No worries once you join your life will be one big holiday?:toothy10:

10. Is Cyprus in Wales? :scratch:

11. Yes, yes it is ;)