JOINING UP EX ARMY

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Sputnick, Aug 21, 2014.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. HI

THE CAREERS OFFICE HAVE CURRENTLY SENT OFF FROM MY MEDICAL DOCS. ANY ONE HAVE ANY IDEAS HOW LONG THIS WILL TAKE PLEASE?

ALSO I HAVE APPLIED FOR WEAPONS ENGINEERING ROLE, JUST WONDERING DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY IDEAS OF WAITING LISTS TO RECRUIT TRAINING (IF EVERYTHING GOES SMOOTH OF COURSE)

ANY REPLY GRATEFUL

A WELSH MAN

:)

2. Stop shouting! Ex artillery?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. SOUNDS FINE TO ME.

4. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

The Army Personnel Centre (Kentigen House, Glasgow) can take a couple of months to produce your former service records. It does vary, I've seen them produce the goods in four weeks & likewise, 4 months.

5. CHEERS FOR THE REPLY :)

6. I AM NOT SHOUTING, I AM TYPING ON A COMPUTER. I WORK WITH CAPITAL LETTERS, SO PLEASE STOP TRYING TO BE A FUNNY C*N*

7. [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. Kin ell Taff calm down

And you had to use the shift to get the stars!!

9. I AM CALM, IM HEAR FOR INFORMATION NOT A MOTHERS MEETING ABOUT THE TEXT I AM USING ON HERE. LOVE IT :)

10. FRUITCAKE

• Like Like x 1
  11. Well, we could start on spelling too?

You are Nailz and I claim my £5

Last edited: Aug 21, 2014
  12. IF YOU HAVE NO INFO, THEN I SHALL IGNORE YOU FROM NOW ON.

PEACE

13. Can't ignore you, Brian Blessed

Regards

JFH, a Welsh Man also

Last edited: Aug 21, 2014
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. It's getting very loud in here innit?

• Like Like x 1
  15. That better for you? ... go and get laid

16. Ah - that's better. Assume Quiet State.

Welcome Taffy Percy. We can be nice here when we try!

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. Far better, just the attitude to work on now ;)

• Like Like x 1
  18. Spudnick, I'm in the exact same boat as you. I served 5years (left in 2009) in the regs. In February this year I went into the careers office with all my army docs and they then had to get all my med docs from Glasgow. Last month I got the go ahead to continue my application to join the RN. Monday just gone I sat my RT test. ( I highly recommend to do loads of studying and revision for this as I thought it was hard, ) I passed with a high mark meaning I could go for my 1st or 2nd chose. (RFA also said I scored enough for them, awaiting interview for them, if I get 1) Anyway, I sit my interview for the RN at the end this month, which I'm hoping I pass to move on to the next stage.
    It's a lengthy process but if this what you really want to do then just stick with it and be patient. I still have many hurdles to jump and time to wait but I'm 100% committed for it.

Word of advice for this forum, don't kick off at people who pick up on something to do on this site I.e the caps. I have received some excellent and valued advice from the regular users of this forum. If you see your arse on here then people simply won't help you out. Friendly tip there :)

Best of luck though bud. And hang on in there. The light at the end of the tunnel will slowly but surely get brighter :)

Hope this helps.

• Like Like x 2
  19. CHEERS MATE, HAPPY DAYS. I AM ONLY MESSING ABOUT ANY WAY, I LIKE TO JUST BE BLUNT AT TIMES, I FIND IT AMUSING ON FORUMS SUCH AS THIS. IM NOT REALLY SNAPPING, I JUST LIKE TO GIVE A BLUNT ANSWER TO PEOPLE WHO TRY AND AMUSE THEIR SELVES, ITS JUST A WAY I AMUSE MY SELF (AS WELL AS TOUCHING MY SELF).

CHEERS FOR ALL THE FEEDBACK ANY WAY, AND I WILL KEEP AN EYE OUT ON THE SITE FOR MORE INFO AND HOPEFULLY MORE BANTS.

WHATS YOUR NEXT STAGE DAI11??

20. Interveiw next week, I thought it was straight after my RT but not to be. After that I think it will be the PT test and medical. Even if I do pass all this, still looking at a 12 month waiting time, minimum.
    Ring the AFCO once a month to see if there is any update on your application and or Glasgow. This is what I did and just shows your keen.
    Like I also said, start revising for your RT now. It's a hell of a lot harder then the barb test.
    Prior preparation prevents piss poor preformance ;)