Joining up... Again!

Discussion in 'The Quarterdeck' started by harrymaskers, Aug 20, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello all.

I'm joining up again after two years outside in civy street. Differant branch this time though. I'm joining as a Writer this time (or whatever you want to call them now). I used to be an OM(C) for five years.

I can read all the websites in the world but what I want to know is whats changed, in the last couple of years, from all your points of view. And whats Raliegh going to be like this time round ( I won't be doing part one again, so assume I joining Ceres division straight away.)

Cheers Lads

Sorry, i couldn't resist, being from the CERES DIVISION RNR based in Leeds.

On your question I'm afraid you'll have to get a real sailor to help you out. Being but a Really Not Required I'd be hard pressed to tell the difference between the pointy end and blunt end! :tongue:
  3. All OM are now bluecard 08:00 to 16:00 Mon-Fri with makeand mend tue and thursday
    All writers are now watchkeeping, watch about four on four off, doing the copying for the comms branch with one weekend in eight off when they may volunteer to prepare the kye for the stokers on Morning watch
  4. No such beast these days shippers. All the branches have reverted to their former state, ie: OM's are now AB's. However, EM's are now ET's. Does that mean that Greenies are Martians. :thumright: