Joining Up - A Thread For Parents/Guardians

Waspie

War Hero
Being a bit fluffy and letting have somewhere to kip for his leave, but I will be taking the place of his training staff for the fortnight by dragging him out of his [email protected] chariot at 530 every morning
I stayed at my mates house just after training. His dad woke us up at O-Crack sparrow Fart with a damned bugle!!!! Dad used to be the Bugler on a carrier. Never went back to his again!!!!

Civvie dad

Badgeman
I’m really looking forward to him going , and not to get him out the house as we’ve a 25 year old who doesn’t seem to know where the exit is , but he’s a good kid who throws himself 100% into everything he does , he takes his b0llockings on the chin and admits when he’s done wrong( something not too many 16year olds do nowadays) so we both feel he’ll get more out of the navy than he would in civvie street, he’s not in yet and has already been emailing the navy’s Thai boxing coach finding out when he can train for when he starts part 2 at sultan

Civvie dad

Badgeman
Are you sure that it's Thai Boxing and not other Thai exports that He is interested in? ;) ;)
We’ll I’m pretty sure he only started training with the thought of going to Thailand, both me and mum told him when he goes , don’t be shy and have a grab first otherwise you my get carried away and it’s too late then

Supportive Dad

Lantern Swinger
Some good news for my boy while he waits for a new entry date for AET. My older daughter has persuaded the hotel she works at to give him a live-in job in the interim. They are struggling for staff like many places these days. As he is under 18 they have made a special case for him to stay in their accommodation. He should of course be 2 weeks into his basic now but looking on the brightside he will gain some invaluable experience living and working away from home, which could prove very useful when he actually goes to Raleigh.

SONAR-BENDER

War Hero
Some good news for my boy while he waits for a new entry date for AET. My older daughter has persuaded the hotel she works at to give him a live-in job in the interim. They are struggling for staff like many places these days. As he is under 18 they have made a special case for him to stay in their accommodation. He should of course be 2 weeks into his basic now but looking on the brightside he will gain some invaluable experience living and working away from home, which could prove very useful when he actually goes to Raleigh.
Has he bought a decent iron with which to practice?

Latest Threads