Joining Up - A Thread For Parents/Guardians

Alfacharlie

War Hero
I was being sent home From Puerto Rico, wife having pregnancy issues, sea going linx did not taxi. Had issue with yank controller on the way in , told to drop as a passenger plane flew over us. Yanks on tarmac were gob smacked as he flew in feet of the ground. Blue flashing lights coming our way, he drops me of out side custom's and tells me to leg it, he would sort out the blue lights?
Fcuking controllers, shit ‘em.

SONAR-BENDER

War Hero
I was an odd one, my school had a course in electrics, school, science of electrics linked to colledge which was house wiring and domestics, so my basic em's stuff in Collinggrad was a doddle, my choice was O, C & R in that order I was given R ? fo rthose that remembr back in the days of free running, I was given a prize as REM of of Year/cours? for fastet time through course, which actually ment I had even less time to remember anything? I was told on my first ship I was not a typical pinky?
Me too! Maybe they dished them out like Smarties! My tankard is dated 1974. My short term memrory is brilliant, so the concept of that course was great for me, but I'd forgotten all most of the week's work by Friday tea-time!

Sumo

War Hero
Me too! Maybe they dished them out like Smarties! My tankard is dated 1974. My short term memrory is brilliant, so the concept of that course was great for me, but I'd forgotten all most of the week's work by Friday tea-time!
Mine would have been 75, must be in the he attic or she skipped it?

Dredd

War Hero
Super Moderator
Ship steamed towards Scotland til a Helo could come and pick me up, dropped me at the torpedo research place in Scotland (Mull of Kintyre ?) car drove me to the station, train to Edinburgh, Sleeper reserved for me to London

More likely the Butec facility at Kyle of Lochalsh - opposite to Skye and there the ferries used to go and bridge currently is.

Waspie

War Hero
More likely the Butec facility at Kyle of Lochalsh - opposite to Skye and there the ferries used to go and bridge currently is.
Forgot about BUTEC.

Standby - Mark!

Every 30 seconds for days on end!!!

I just know I'm not going to sleep tonight now!!!!! :rolleyes:

Civvie dad

Midshipman
The young fella has just had his triage and been made tmu for a bout of asthma when he was 4 and a sprained ankle when he was 10 , capita have sent the forms through to us to take to the doctors so hopefully it’ll be a quick process as we get on pretty well with the gp (mainly down to not going unless it’s urgent) and we can push it a bit from our side, he was given a time frame of 6 months to get his dates for starting after his medical but when I called up to see if there was anything the boy needed help with I was told they’d have him a good bit before 6 months , now he either came across very well in the interview or the RN is in need of ET ME’s so hopefully this little set back won’t delay him too long

Supportive Dad

Lantern Swinger
My boy passed his fitness test today. He has been running regularly for several years now so it was a reasonably relaxed affair. It was his first time on a treadmill in over a year so we though it best not to go for broke at this stage of things. That seems to be everything done. Just got to wait until the September start date.

fishhead

War Hero
My boy passed his fitness test today. He has been running regularly for several years now so it was a reasonably relaxed affair. It was his first time on a treadmill in over a year so we though it best not to go for broke at this stage of things. That seems to be everything done. Just got to wait until the September start date.
If you advertise his room for rent now it will give you the time and the opportunity to properly sort the applicants.

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator
Even better. Change of address and forget to let him know.
My parents changed the front door and door lock once, when I came home on leave I had to go to my Nans for the afternoon as I couldn't get in. They said they would have sent me a key if they'd remembered me!! :(

Latest Threads