Joining Up - A Thread For Parents/Guardians

WreckerL

War Hero
My son also passed his PRNC yesterday (Collingwood) He's now off to Raleigh in January.
I'm used to being a Navy wife (his dad has been in the RN for 27 years so far) but being a Navy Mum is all new!
On the bright side, your son won't be able to waffle to you about the reasons he can't come home, ring home etc etc.

As my eldest found out when he joined up :)

Cab

On the bright side, your son won't be able to waffle to you about the reasons he can't come home, ring home etc etc.

As my eldest found out when he joined up :)
If all goes to plan they could both be working on CHF he won't get away with much waffle at all until his Dad retires. Poor bugger ;)

WreckerL

War Hero
If all goes to plan they could both be working on CHF he won't get away with much waffle at all until his Dad retires. Poor bugger ;)
Wife moaned once that she hadn't heard from him for ages, I was also still serving so I looked him up on the MoD GAL (global address list) and rang him up in his hanger at Culdrose. He said "how did you know where I was", I just said "think about it numbnuts, now ring your Mother" :)

He rang home that night and got both barrels from the wife :) :)

Wima

Hello, my youngest is off on their PRNC in Rosyth in December, will they get their pass or fail result immediately at the end of the course? Thanks

Cab

Hello, my youngest is off on their PRNC in Rosyth in December, will they get their pass or fail result immediately at the end of the course? Thanks
My son recently completed his PRNC at Collingwood and yes he was told at the end of the course he'd passed.
He was also given a class photo, certificate, new boots and information about preparing for HMS Raleigh.

My Son goes to Raleigh on 30th June 2019.
My question is relating to their passing out day.
Does anyone know when it usually is? It's a ten week course so that would end on Friday 6th September. Is the passing out ceremony held on the last day?
Thanks in advance for any answers.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Sumo

War Hero
My Son goes to Raleigh on 30th June 2019.
My question is relating to their passing out day.
Does anyone know when it usually is? It's a ten week course so that would end on Friday 6th September. Is the passing out ceremony held on the last day?
Thanks in advance for any answers.

It will not be that day as he will have summer leave in August @pompeyexpat may be give you a better idea. Plus there is always the possibility of back class for many reasons.

WreckerL

War Hero
Passing out parades are on his last day of Phase 1 and on a Friday.

I can give you the summer leave dates tomorrow unless someone jumps in first but it will be 4 weeks.so add that on to the 10 weeks.

pompeyexpat

War Hero
All going well he’ll pass out on Friday 04 October. Summer leave at Raleigh is 02 Aug - 02 Sep. As a Phase 1 recruit he’ll leave Raleigh on the morning Sat 03 Aug (the Friday is a full day of training), and have to be back early evening on Sun 01 Sep.

You may be interested in a Facebook group for families of Phase 1 recruits (HMS Raleigh Families (and phase 2 & beyond). There’s a little over a thousand members now, with family members at various stages of the recruitment & training process and is a terrific place for advice and to ask questions.

All going well he’ll pass out on Friday 04 October. Summer leave at Raleigh is 02 Aug - 02 Sep. As a Phase 1 recruit he’ll leave Raleigh on the morning Sat 03 Aug (the Friday is a full day of training), and have to be back early evening on Sun 01 Sep.

You may be interested in a Facebook group for families of Phase 1 recruits (HMS Raleigh Families (and phase 2 & beyond). There’s a little over a thousand members now, with family members at various stages of the recruitment & training process and is a terrific place for advice and to ask questions.
Pompeyexpat thank you for the detailed answer. I will definitely take a look at the parents thread.

kezma

My son recently did his fitness test n failed not due to the test but cause he slipped put his hand out to stop himself, turned the screen off so the tester turned the machine off even thou he carried on running. He had 4oom to go n was on 11mins 10s. Can anyone tell me when he can redo the test. Gutted for him. Passed everything else

Waspie

War Hero
My son recently did his fitness test n failed not due to the test but cause he slipped put his hand out to stop himself, turned the screen off so the tester turned the machine off even thou he carried on running. He had 4oom to go n was on 11mins 10s. Can anyone tell me when he can redo the test. Gutted for him. Passed everything else
I would guess his recruiter may!

ailish 11

Midshipman
No 1 son is going to be in Glasgow with his ship, it has an open day on 24th March , all the tickets have gone, how do i get to see him

many thanks