Joining Up - A Thread For Parents/Guardians

My son also passed his PRNC yesterday (Collingwood) He's now off to Raleigh in January.
I'm used to being a Navy wife (his dad has been in the RN for 27 years so far) but being a Navy Mum is all new!
On the bright side, your son won't be able to waffle to you about the reasons he can't come home, ring home etc etc.

As my eldest found out when he joined up :)

On the bright side, your son won't be able to waffle to you about the reasons he can't come home, ring home etc etc.

As my eldest found out when he joined up :)
If all goes to plan they could both be working on CHF he won't get away with much waffle at all until his Dad retires. Poor bugger ;)

If all goes to plan they could both be working on CHF he won't get away with much waffle at all until his Dad retires. Poor bugger ;)
Wife moaned once that she hadn't heard from him for ages, I was also still serving so I looked him up on the MoD GAL (global address list) and rang him up in his hanger at Culdrose. He said "how did you know where I was", I just said "think about it numbnuts, now ring your Mother" :)

He rang home that night and got both barrels from the wife :) :)

Hello, my youngest is off on their PRNC in Rosyth in December, will they get their pass or fail result immediately at the end of the course? Thanks

Hello, my youngest is off on their PRNC in Rosyth in December, will they get their pass or fail result immediately at the end of the course? Thanks
My son recently completed his PRNC at Collingwood and yes he was told at the end of the course he'd passed.
He was also given a class photo, certificate, new boots and information about preparing for HMS Raleigh.