Joining Up - A Thread For Parents/Guardians

Zeb

Lantern Swinger
Hello everyone, hope you are all well, thought I’d give a wee update on the boy, he started wk 4 yesterday and seems to be enjoying himself, he has the “Raleigh cough” but most of them have he had the first proper kit muster yesterday morning haven’t heard how he got on so I’m guessing well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mrs Plum have you joined the Facebook page Hms Raleigh families (phase 2 and beyond) ? It’s very helpful :)

Mrs Plum

Lantern Swinger
Hello everyone, hope you are all well, thought I’d give a wee update on the boy, he started wk 4 yesterday and seems to be enjoying himself, he has the “Raleigh cough” but most of them have he had the first proper kit muster yesterday morning haven’t heard how he got on so I’m guessing well

Mrs Plum have you joined the Facebook page Hms Raleigh families (phase 2 and beyond) ? It’s very helpful :)
Yes I’m on that

It is great that he is enjoying himself and amazing that the weeks are really ticking by - he will soon be home for Easter.

Update on my little cherub (having got all excited about sourcing everyhting on the kit list) is that unfortunately he will not be going to Raleigh on Sunday due to hurting his rib whilst on the relief aid mission to Dominica! Lots of stress on his return and no luck getting an xray despite managing to get a GP referal for one! Thankfully it looks like his delayed start might only be until July now rather than the additional year that we thought it might. Fingers (and everything else well and truly crossed) that he gets confirmation of a new date through soon. Very proud that he is still determined after such a long wait and bitter disappointment. Thank goodness he is in a job where he is only required to give relatively short notice so still has a job!

Onward and upward!

It is great that he is enjoying himself and amazing that the weeks are really ticking by - he will soon be home for Easter.

Update on my little cherub (having got all excited about sourcing everyhting on the kit list) is that unfortunately he will not be going to Raleigh on Sunday due to hurting his rib whilst on the relief aid mission to Dominica! Lots of stress on his return and no luck getting an xray despite managing to get a GP referal for one! Thankfully it looks like his delayed start might only be until July now rather than the additional year that we thought it might. Fingers (and everything else well and truly crossed) that he gets confirmation of a new date through soon. Very proud that he is still determined after such a long wait and bitter disappointment. Thank goodness he is in a job where he is only required to give relatively short notice so still has a job!

Onward and upward!
Bad luck for your lad but the weeks will soon roll round. If he does start in July you will have the pleasure of having him back at home for 4 weeks in the middle of his training.

Mrs Plum

Lantern Swinger

Onward and upward!
What a total pain for you, I can’t believe they wouldn’t X-ray even with a doctors referral! I am gutted that we won’t meet, I’d have liked to have met you in person after all the chats we have had on here keep me posted on your boys progress:)

Zeb

Lantern Swinger
What a total pain for you, I can’t believe they wouldn’t X-ray even with a doctors referral! I am gutted that we won’t meet, I’d have liked to have met you in person after all the chats we have had on here keep me posted on your boys progress:)

If I’ve reported this by mistake I apologise. I was scrolling up on my phone and pressed it. Oops

Mrs Plum

Lantern Swinger

If I’ve reported this by mistake I apologise. I was scrolling up on my phone and pressed it. Oops
no problem

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Matthew Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 8
L Joining the Royal Navy 5
L RFA 2