Joining Up - A Thread For Parents/Guardians

Hi there,
I don't know if this is the correct place to post but I am hoping someone can give me a sensible answer :)
My son goes to Raleigh on May 28th - CIS (Warfare I think).
His passing out (all being well) will be Friday August 4th.
We are trying to book our family holiday.
We want to make sure that we don't book it when he could be passing out, if he were back classed for whatever reason (injury even).
So, I wonder if someone could confirm that Raleigh is closed in August for definite.
That way we know that he wouldn't be passing out until September onwards, if things don't go quite to plan.
The last thing I want is to book a holiday and find out that I am going to miss the most important day of his life so far.
I hope that makes sense and I hope someone can help as I am really scared to book something up! TIA

Hi there,
I don't know if this is the correct place to post but I am hoping someone can give me a sensible answer :)
My son goes to Raleigh on May 28th - CIS (Warfare I think).
His passing out (all being well) will be Friday August 4th.
We are trying to book our family holiday.
We want to make sure that we don't book it when he could be passing out, if he were back classed for whatever reason (injury even).
So, I wonder if someone could confirm that Raleigh is closed in August for definite.
That way we know that he wouldn't be passing out until September onwards, if things don't go quite to plan.
The last thing I want is to book a holiday and find out that I am going to miss the most important day of his life so far.
I hope that makes sense and I hope someone can help as I am really scared to book something up! TIA
Go in July you know he can't finish early?

Another question... What time does the whole event normally end after passing out? We are a good seven hours drive so we don't know whether to book a hotel or drive home. TIA

Another question... What time does the whole event normally end after passing out? We are a good seven hours drive so we don't know whether to book a hotel or drive home. TIA
If it's a 1400 step off, which most are, they come off the parade ground about 1500, so maybe 1530/1600. If it's a 1430 step off, which some are, then half an hour later. Either way, that means getting straight off after the parade.

Friday afternoons getting out of Cornwall and then up the M5 can be rubbish too. If it was me, and I had nothing to rush home for that night, I'd stay.

Last edited:
If it's a 1400 step off, which most are, they come off the parade ground about 1500, so maybe 1530/1600. If it's a 1430 step, which some are, then half an hour later. Either way, that means getting straight off after the parade.

Friday afternoons getting out of Cornwall and then up the M5 can be rubbish too. If it was me, and I had nothing to rush home for that night, I'd stay.
Thank you :)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
J Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 10
L RFA 2