Joining the Royal Navy: The Insiders' Guide

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Ageing_Gracefully, Mar 20, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ageing_Gracefully

Ageing_Gracefully War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Over on Arrse we have started a Book Review Club where members of Arrse are invited to read and write reviews of new/interesting books. One of the recent additions is a book giving hints and assitance to those thinking of joining the Royal Navy by Richard McMunn of How2Become which may be of interest to members of RR.

This is not an endoresement of the book but if you are thinking of a career in the RN then this book may be for you.
  2. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Have to say the generic 'How2' series of merchandising doesn't impress. The only things that seem to differ are the job titles printed on the cover.

The last one I looked at offered no more advice than was already available on the official websites, in the official careers publications or indeed, on here.

My personal opinion is that morally, as the information is free anyway, it's simply a tax on the gullible.
  3. Shhh. Joinin the Forces "Monty style" will be in all good bookshops soon. It even has a chapter on steam iron selection.
  4. Ninja_Stoker

Oooh, sounds good. Can we pre-order on Amazon?
  5. Yes, at a very reasonable £39.99 per book. I will however be directly quoting some of tghe help offered by RR members so will be dihing out royalties in due course. 00000.1% of the profits to all that have helped.
  6. Ninja_Stoker

Bargain. Will PM my credit card details ASAP.
  8. MLP don't forget the chapter on which is the best bag/suitcase to take to raleigh.