Joining the Royal Navy Reserves

Im looking at all my opinions and one of them is the Royal Navy Reserve and from looking into the joining process and I was wondering if the RNR do the PRNC like the RN regulars. Also if anyone wants to list a full joining process and everything it intails that would be appreciated but not necessary.

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
RNR recruits can now, if they wish, complete the ten weeks regular service Initial Naval Training. This has two benefits - firstly you get paid, secondly, if you later decide you wish to seamlessly transfer to the regular Navy, you go straight into phase two branch training.

photface

Lantern Swinger
How do we do that Ninja? I am interested in completing it all in one go again next summer...(decided to apply for rating role in RNR).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1. Join nearest RNR unit pronto.
2. Get fit
3. A soon as you are in submit application form - discuss dates with your RNSO
4. Do every weekend offered to you in the meantime
5. Keep calm and carry on

photface

Lantern Swinger
Okay, so it is a case of get in then ask ASAP? I'm joining the RNR after a little break from the regulars and I'm quite interested to see how it has changed!

Okay, so it is a case of get in then ask ASAP? I'm joining the RNR after a little break from the regulars and I'm quite interested to see how it has changed!
Ah, that - as Ninja will be along shortly to explain - will confuse the issue. But yes, in essence get yourself through the door and then apply.

photface

Lantern Swinger
Thanks for the advice...I have applied, had the docs forwarded to command, had them sent back and I am booked on the RT on weds. So all being well, I will hopefully pass the RT and get an interview date on Weds AM. This means that I can likely ask at the AFCO this week. Maybe they'll know more?