Joining the Royal Marines Reserve

Floppyjocky

Badgeman
I hope nobody minds but I've moved this to this forum because I think it may be the first port of call for anyone interested in the RMR and it has lots of good stuff on it.

andyg

Midshipman
Spenny, I am currently with RMR Edinburgh and can give you face to face answers and arrange no-obligation look around. Call 07795 485266 to arrange.

andyg

Midshipman
Judging by the dates on this thread you will prob have the answers you need ref Compulsory Deployment, but to conf: RMR operate "Intelligent Mobilisation" this is a process which takes into full consideration the primary employment of any rank and his pers situation. To deploy you must have completed three phases of trg, P1 (Basic Skills and Fitness), P2 (Tactics and Cdo Cse) and Continuation Trg (incl Field Firing and further Skills). You must have notified your employer that you are a Reservist. You will have given a "statement of interest" to your boss that you are willing to be considered for a specific deployment. You will be asked to conf this later, and finally you will receive mobilisation papers.

In short, if you don't hold your hand up for deployment YOU WILL NOT BE PINGED.

The only exception is the mass compulsory mobilisation of mnes for a serious threat and they will always recall recent regular leavers first.

Check out SaBRE website for employers and employees rights to compensation or to wriggle out. www.sabre.mod.uk.

PM me if you want to discuss.

andyg

Midshipman
Yup! And they are well thought of in the regular SB. Quite rare beasts these.

Just one thing...when you post a message at 0537, you are either a milkman or shiters. As you aren't slurring, seems unlikely you're drunk, so that means you're a milkman, (or postman, lorry driver etc). This gives you a time advantage as the amount of personal fitness trg required to pass SF selection is not to be underestimated.

I believe SBS(R) get the benefit of the additional SF pay as well as standard rate, I'll try and find out....always nice to know.

andyg

Midshipman
alfred_the_great said:
http://www.army.mod.uk/uksf/special_forces_soldier_reserve_/sbs.htm

Any snake-eaters out there want to jump in here???

Is SBS(R) continuation trg a nause to attend? What sort of additional commitment are we talking? Are you integrated into your local RMR Det, or a shadowy figure on the periphery?

PM me if you prefer to remain incognito, and I'll post non-attributable info on your behalf.

andyg

Midshipman
'Cos sf are now effectively all-of-one-badge as far as the mod is concerned. The original "parent" of a SBS operator is no longer relevant, they are all a single asset with same entry tests and lots of operational cross-over.

Latest Threads