Joining the RFA?

Seadog

War Hero
Hi, can anyone tell me how long the discharge book takes to arrive after sending off the application? I should have everything else checked off by mid August. Sent my application to MCA Friday just gone.
Thanks
Recent revalidation of Certificate of Competency took 3 weeks if that’s any indication. The MCA website speaks of application tracking. Probably not as detailed or step by step as the thrusters on these pages may like.

Rozz

Midshipman
It’s my first book, I’m not in a huge rush for it. I’ve until October to get everything in so plenty of time still. I’ll have a look at the website. Thank you for your reply.

Does anyone have an opinion about if getting help from an MP to waiver the residency requirements would work? I'm an Aussie (strangely enough living in France) with no grandparents from the UK or Ireland. I do know some people living in the UK including several former commissioned officers.

Random

Lantern Swinger
Does anyone have an opinion about if getting help from an MP to waiver the residency requirements would work? I'm an Aussie (strangely enough living in France) with no grandparents from the UK or Ireland. I do know some people living in the UK including several former commissioned officers.
Whilst I have always believed that if you dont ask you dont get, I am not sure how much interest you would get (especially given how distracted the MPs are at the moment).

Some members of the RFA are resident overseas, so there maybe some room to maneuver (however pay/taxes remain in the UK and the RFA does not pay to get you to/from your home country). It is the nationality / security clearance requirements which will be seen as more important, do you meet those?

Have you spoken to the RFA direct about your circumstances? if so what was their opinion?

FWIW I made it as far as the interview with no residency, just UK citizenship/passport.