Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Joining the Rfa

Hi name removed by Mod here. Just letting you know that I have passed my physcometric test for the RFA. Found out today 1st Sept.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi name removed by Mod here. Just letting you know that I have passed my physcometric test for the RFA. Found out today 1st Sept.
I've removed your full name as posted as it's never a good idea to put details like that on the internet.

Congrats on passing the test though.

Thanks, you too.

When it comes to your interview, there's plenty of information on various threads here as well as the RFA website. What I would say about the website is really navigate around it. You'll find little nuggets of information in unexpected places. Also when it comes to deployments, use the vessels twitter account for info as well as the RFA website. You might want to look at AIS websites for vessel locations to help here also.
Hi Chef Ramsay,

I've been following various threads about joining the RFA and I've seen you've given out some really helpful advice to other applicants along the way. I was wondering (a) have you got good news regarding your interview and (b) would you be happy to share more info on the types of questions they asked? Many thanks sir.

@RFA at HMS Raleigh - fantastic - thank you very much for the clarification on the first 6 weeks at HMS Raleigh. Can I just check the rest of the programme will be ... chefs training at Worthy Down for 6 months, then 3 months at sea, back to Worthy Down for second 6 months, then a final 3 months at sea before qualifying - total 18 months?

Hi,
It is not that exact, the sea trips are normally 4 months, the inital 6 months is made up of the time with me and then the remainder at Worthy Down.
There are 2 weeks of STCW courses prior to going to sea.
There is not a Worthy Down part 2, but there is an End point process before you finish which varies in time.

Nominally works as follows:

6 months in training
2 weeks of stcW courses
4 month trip
1 month leave
4 month trip
1 month leave
1 month - final EPA process

About 17 1/2 months, but each Apprenitce will have a slightly different journey, depending on personal circumstances and competency.

Hello

I have just applied to be come a leading hand supply chain logistian in the RFA, a dream career for myself. I was just curious if you or if you knew anybody who was in active service in the role you could put me in contact with so I could ask a few questions. Do you have any tips for the interview and for the future in the RFA?

If anyone can help, would be most appreciated.

all the best

Latest Threads