Joining the RFA

Rozz

Midshipman
Hi, I'm wondering what the recruitment process timing is from application to starting training? I was RNR up to last year (I resigned) I have been told as I have already sat the RT I won't need to again so haven't been assigned a csm at my afco. I'm going for the chef apprenticeship and wondered as they are short on chefs if the recruitment moves a bit quicker? I'm between jobs at the moment but have an interview this week, just don't want to start a new job to have to resign shortly after.
Thanks.

5oclockhero

Lantern Swinger
Hi, I'm wondering what the recruitment process timing is from application to starting training? I was RNR up to last year (I resigned) I have been told as I have already sat the RT I won't need to again so haven't been assigned a csm at my afco. I'm going for the chef apprenticeship and wondered as they are short on chefs if the recruitment moves a bit quicker? I'm between jobs at the moment but have an interview this week, just don't want to start a new job to have to resign shortly after.
Thanks.
For me, I applied in April, sift was May, the interview in July and started training in January. It is a long process.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rozz

Midshipman
I'll go to that job interview on Tuesday then!
That's a crazy long time, probably get into the RN quicker lol
Thanks for the reply

anotherandrew

Midshipman
I'll go to that job interview on Tuesday then!
I'd certainly advise you to go to that interview. As @5oclockhero has all ready said, it's a long process. I applied at the start of July had my RT in August, sift in October, interview in November with a start for April.

Also, If you're invited for an interview I think it would look better if you're currently in employment than not, especially when they ask what you're currently doing.

Latest Threads