Joining the reserves with CP4 colour vision

I smidge of advice would be most appreciated.

I am thinking of joining the reserves but I am a little bit concerned that I will go through the application process and get rejected because of my colour vision.

I know from a previous application that I am CP4. This restricted my full time career choices and I ended up cancelling my application.

Does anyone know if an applicant with CP4 colour vision can join the reserves?

What roles would be available?

Cheers

photface

Lantern Swinger
I smidge of advice would be most appreciated.

I am thinking of joining the reserves but I am a little bit concerned that I will go through the application process and get rejected because of my colour vision.

I know from a previous application that I am CP4. This restricted my full time career choices and I ended up cancelling my application.

Does anyone know if an applicant with CP4 colour vision can join the reserves?

What roles would be available?

Cheers
Hi,

I couldn’t find much on CP4 apart from this from our lovely Ninja_Stoker:

https://www.royalmarines.uk/threads/colour-blindness.45649/

I also looked in jsp 950 but there was nothing re: colour perception so I would say going on the above it will be okay but more in a trade like logistics. There is plenty of info on different roles in the RNR on the RN website and using common sense anything where you may need to differentiate between colours for any part of your job may bar you.

Your AFCO will know a lot more about this than I do! :). Let me know if you decide to apply (feel free to message me) and I will do everything I can to help. I’ll have a lot more time on my hands and access to a proper defence intranet computer where I can find policies and guidance.

-R

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk