Joining the RAF

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by smith34, Jun 7, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I've done the medical tests and fitness test, I now want to join the RAF instead, if I join would I be able to skip the tests there because I've done them with the Navy or it completely different there?

I just wondered if any of you know know. :oops:

2. GO ask the frigging RAF!

3. Why do you want to join the RAF instead?

4. Oh do please fcuk off and die you complete and utter clunge.

Seriously is today's influx of retards some sort of fly on the wall documentary from Channel 4 in order to fcuk me up?

5. Well the reason he has to ask the RN if he can join the RAF Soleil answers your question :lol:

6. When I went to see the RN at my AFCO I was in 2 minds which to choose (don't worry I chose the RN...) I was told they are two separate processes and I would have had to do both of them if I wanted to gain an offer from both and then make my decision. Big waste of everybody's time and money though so make your mind up sharpish and stick to it!

7. I don't know; morbid fear of work, fluffy beds, tasty uniforms....

8. witsend

witsend War Hero Book Reviewer

Crack on puss in boots, will your family be able to bear the shame? Let us know how you got on.

9. On the other hand, don't

10. Ever thought about joining the Fleet Air Arm :roll: :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol:

11. not the best idea dude what the RAF are currently doing is a first come first serve system, when there is an opening for a job u want to do you get an email there will be limited spaces but the first people there ready to apply for it go though the process and the people who didn't get there in time miss out. i know this as i was going to join the RAF but in all honestly the navy is the way to go :D

12. As a retired commador once said to me when he stayed at the hotel i work atm, If you want a real job with real prospects stay with the navy. He hinted that the army is great for people that need constant direction and the RAF is for people with thier head in the clouds. The Senior Service is a thinking mans (or women - have to be PC these days) job!!!

13. There is only one test to get in the RAF. Are you a complete horses minge secretion?

You have just passed it.

14. I wouldn't bother mate you'l have more contact and see more planes and helicopters in Her Majesties Britannic Royal Navy. :lol:

15. Join the RAF ASAP.

Then, when the SDR bins the RAF, you can join the Army - because you won't be very welcome in the RN.

16. I enjoy being abused, thanks all.

17. Blackrat

Blackrat War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

In that case, you're qualified for the RAF.

18. We wouldnt want the sideway walking, brylcream wearing, mincing, chip bag hat donning, thunderbird puppet, village people tash'ed, we won all the wars and save everybody from the sea proclaiming crabfat wannabe!!!

:D

Sod off to Crab Net

19. Best you forget the services altogether and apply to be a choirboy. Or, if you are really keen, contact your local Cardinal offering your hoop to newly joined RC priests that need to be shown the ropes.

20. Isn't there talk of getting rid of the RAF?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.