Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Joining The Navy :)

ellisdove

Midshipman
Hi ,my name is Gary and I am going to join the Navy . I'm 21 years old and cannot wait for a great life at sea,though I have a few questions.

I am considering a few possibilities :

Personnel Logistician

Steward - Catering Services Logistician

Supply Chain Logistician

What kind of waiting times are there for these? and could anyone give me some reasons for why they went with/ I should go with a particular one?

Im really just looking for as much information as possible and this seems like a decent forum. Also on RT ,what is the pass marks etc ?

Cheers
Gary

judge

Midshipman
Hey Gary,

Not much further down the line that you, just waiting for my medical.

Honestly, BBC GCSE Bitesize was the biggest help going for my recruitment test though. The test consists of English, Maths, Non verbal reasoning and Mechanical comprehension.

Best of luck

ellisdove

Midshipman
RT test's i have been practising on have not been that bad really . What sort of seatime do you get with the above careers I have mentioned? cheers

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A Am I banned from joining the navy? Joining the Royal Navy 39
0 Joining the Navy as AET compared to RAF aircraft technician Joining the Royal Navy 26
E Considering joining the Royal Navy- looking for advice Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 16
D Am I banned from joining the Navy forever? Please help me :) Joining the Royal Navy 18
B Joining the Royal Navy with past mental health issues Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 9
L Joining the Navy as a Dual National and Career questions Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5
E Daughters in the process of joining the navy Joining the Royal Navy 11
I Acne in the past but all gone. Will this stop me from joining the navy Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
S Joining navy Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 6
C Debating re joining the navy as a MA Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 21
B Joining the Navy in a tough time. Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 11
Seb1664 Joining the royal marines from phase 2 royal navy UPO/Careers Office 2
A Joining Royal Navy with ACL reconstruction Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5
J Joining The Navy At 32..... Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 17
D would joining the navy police be a good career choice? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 11
torizis Joining the navy as a Medical or Dental Officer Joining the Royal Navy 7
J Joining navy if you've been prescribed orthotic insoles by NHS Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 7
N Joining RNR reserves before Navy-regular? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
J CBT and joining the Navy Joining the Royal Navy 1
T Joining Royal Navy (Question ?) Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 7
D joining the navy Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 7
D Laser eye surgery after joining the royal navy Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 8
sj25105815 Ex Army, joining Navy age 36, going comms tech! Got questions Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 201
B Joining the Navy as a graduate engineer- newbie alert Joining the Royal Navy 7
L 17 year old joining the Royal Navy Joining the Royal Navy 7
O Daughter joining the navy. Joining the Royal Navy 5
B Considering Joining the Royal Navy post graduation Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
Popcorn Joining Up-Direct Entry Royal Navy Police. Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 16
S Joining the navy Joining the Royal Navy 1
benbass Joining the navy from the army Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
Anchorarmsjoe92 Joining the Royal Navy Reserves Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 9
DanCharles99 Joining the Navy at 16, What Job? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 13
M Considering joining the navy but need advice. Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 11
F Leaving School and Joining The Navy Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 13
T Hospital waiting list, will this affect joining navy? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 12
C Joining the navy Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 6
J Currently joining.. How has your life been in the Navy? The Quarterdeck 10
W thinking of joining the navy at 35??? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 21
Ninja_Stoker How improve your chances of joining the Royal Navy - quicker than the rest. Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 7
ZCDW9 Joining the RNR with Merchant Navy experience Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 2
C qualified paramedic thinking of joining the navy! Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
T Thinking of joining the Navy as a Warfare Officer The Fleet 3
W Joining the Navy in the 1960's History 71
C Considering joining the Navy Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 59
M joining the navy next step after interview Submariners 6
K Joining navy medical question? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 38
C joining navy date Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
J I need tips for joining the navy ? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 33
M JOINING ROYAL NAVY - GCSEs Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
Shock Joining Royal Navy as a white male but not British by birth. The Gash Barge 15