Joining The Navy At 32.....

Sandra

Midshipman
well Sumo I can honestly say i gave it 110% over the week I pushed myself further than I ever thought possible especially on the last day with the sauad run.
But over the week you will make friends with everyone on your group and every one pushed each other as a team to achieve it. You’ll be absolutely fine with your age there was another woman my age and it wasn’t all just youngsters quite a few of the guys were late 20’s
We were all treated exactly the same regardless of age it was a hard few days but was also so much fun.
I’m joining as a CT so looking forward to that

Last edited:

Sumo

War Hero
well Sumo I can honestly say i gave it 110% over the week I pushed myself further than I ever thought possible especially on the last day with the sauad run.
But over the week you will make friends with everyone on your group and every one pushed each other as a team to achieve it. You’ll be absolutely fine with your age there was another woman my age and it wasn’t all just youngsters quite a few of the guys were late 20’s
We were all treated exactly the same regardless of age it was a hard few days but was also so much fun.
I’m joining as a CT so looking forward to that
@Sandra you now know, keep up the training, it doesn't get any less until after phase 2 training and joining the fleet, but you will always need to be fit?

Sandra

Midshipman
Yeah absolutely I’ve been training for over a year now dropped 4 and a half stone and I am continuing to train I have a better insight to the imf now too so I am goig to work harder than ever now prnc really gave me a good insight

Sumo

War Hero
Yeah absolutely I’ve been training for over a year now dropped 4 and a half stone and I am continuing to train I have a better insight to the imf now too so I am goig to work harder than ever now prnc really gave me a good insight

When I joined, ho so long ago as a very fit young 16year old, I never considered the physical hard, pre joining I was doing some form of physical stuff 7 days a week, but when I was still serving at 32 the thought of going back to basics would have been a bit scary, I did my last leadership course,(like going back to basic training) when I was 29 luckily I had just finished a Navy sporting event, Brickwoods field gun, so I was reasonably fit. I don’t envy you rising to the challenge at 32 but shifting the beef and getting fit, very well done, you must feel and luck a different person from a year ago, keep up the good work.

Latest Threads