Joining the Marines

Discussion in 'The Corps' started by devilsmart404, Jul 16, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi everyone just one question. I got up to wk 13 in basic training in the army but I asked to be discharged due to a family issue back home in the caribean. On my discharge papers though it reads unsuitable for army service. What I don't understand is why and will hinder me from joining the Royal Marines?

Last edited: Jul 16, 2011
  2. ...............

3. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

The Corps thrives on failed pongos.:roll:

If you cant make the grade in the army you haven't got a hope of joining the Marines. Someone will be along soon to put it a little bit more eloquentley than me but basically dont even bother mate.

4. But I didn't asked to be discharged because I couldn't make the grade, as I said I got to week 13 out of 14. I just had an ugent need to return home.

5. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

You didn't finish training = fail.

Your records state you are not suitable for the Army. I'd save yourself the heartache and take that as reading "Not suitable for military service".

You asked to be discharged showing a lack of drive and commitment, something the Corps kind of likes. You sound like a liability who wants to run home when the going gets tough.

But hey, dont bother listening to me, what do I know about the Corps. Rock up to an AFCO and give them a laugh.

6. ok fair enough. But can you tell me what is mean't by QR 1975 Paras 9.371 or 9.379? That also on my papers. Cause when I'd ask the welfare officer if I can leave, she told me that since my rights to dischage myself was already past, the only way to be UFAS.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2011

7. Fella, if it was as urgent as you say, you would have been granted compassionate leave and would have been re-trained.

Trust me, Royal doesn't like the uncommitted.

8. Which you took hence it being given as your reason for leaving... You made your choice having been informed of the options stay in or UFAS. What part of unsuitable for Army service is so hard for you to get your head around?

Basically it's like failing your driving test and deciding you now want to be a rally driver - move on my friend, move on

9. I agree 100% with the Mr scary face above me. Move on kidda, if you couldn't make it as a pongo you have **** all chance of being a booty-FACT. Like the advert says 99.9% need not apply. Me thinks you fall smack in the middle of that category.

10. UFAS = RAF Regiment's the place for you.

11. Blackrat

Blackrat War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Beat me to it.