Joining submarine service

Bubble18

I am currently in the final stages of application process for joining the RN submarine service and had my medical and I had a tiny one off kidney stone 3 years ago...will this make me PMU?

fishhead

War Hero
I am currently in the final stages of application process for joining the RN submarine service and had my medical and I had a tiny one off kidney stone 3 years ago...will this make me PMU?
None of us here are prepared to steal Capita's thunder or that of the Senior Medical Officer by taking a guess. You are entirely in their hands so it is best not to worry too much until they get back to you.
Good luck for your career in Boats.

fishhead

War Hero
Passed tmu and they have sent a letter to my gp for more info, just wondering what yhe likelihood is of this making me pmu?
Further to my last post you are in the hands of the medical trade. If your GP reflects your opinion that the stone was a very minor event you should be OK. It might be worth having a chat with your GP and explain the situation and ask what he is going to say.

Bubble18

Further to my last post you are in the hands of the medical trade. If your GP reflects your opinion that the stone was a very minor event you should be OK. It might be worth having a chat with your GP and explain the situation and ask what he is going to say

This is really helpful, thank you for the info and taking the time to reply.

Oldest_Nozzer

Midshipman
Passed tmu and they have sent a letter to my gp for more info, just wondering what yhe likelihood is of this making me pmu?
Right I get you!

Unfortunately it's now a waiting game...
Nobody other than capita or naval medics hq will be able to give you the answer on a pmu or tmu.

You will now experience the delight of capita and your GP failing to communicate with each other!
Word of advice by the end of every week you haven't heard anything call capita and your GP for updates.

Good luck

Bubble18

Right I get you!

Nobody other than capita or naval medics hq will be able to give you the answer on a pmu or tmu.

You will now experience the delight of capita and your GP failing to communicate with each other!
Word of advice by the end of every week you haven't heard anything call capita and your GP for updates.

Good luck
Will do thanks for the info, I'll need to give them the hurry up as I've already been given a start date in September

GasmanComeSET

Midshipman
Right I get you!

Good luck
This is really good advice, can't stress enough chasing up your GP, followed by CAPITA consistently. Despite when they say leave it with us.
What're you going in as?
Goodluck.