Joining Submarine service (Trades)

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Wilsons102, Oct 24, 2012.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello everyone , i have applied as a submariner and have passed the RT 3 years ago for surface fleet but was delayed at medical because of a benign condition that has been treated, then work got in the way and family life so my RT ran out of being valid, i reapplied this month and have to resit my RT on Wednesday the 7th nov. I was just wondering i have applied as a medical assistant submariner , currently i am a retained firefighter so i thought the role would benefit me in the style of work i like and that is helping people in a nutshell. However i have read around and have heard that medical assistants dont get as much sea time as the other trades ... this is something i would like to improve my chances of having to get as much experience and sea time out of the navy as possible. My second choice was Marine engineer submariner, i also hear they are more in demand ? Is this true ? Is it too late to change my choice ? and what trades are also in high demand , if any ?

Thanks in advance

Scott