joining soon!

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by smithy12, Sep 23, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. had my pre joining brief today, covered most of what i needed to know, i have my kit list but there is no mention of the marker pens ppl talk about, is there any advice ppl can give me on extra kit that may prove a life saver at basic.

also they want vaccination history. is this just a list of what i had and when? eg. just jabs which relate to things like mmr and bcg?

2. h.t.p. must have an answer for this one

3. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

If you have a shufty at Raleigh joining tips you may pick up the odd thing however the definitive kitlist is given to you at your pre-entry brief (which should include ALL you want to know- rather than "most" of it, that's why we have the brief), it is also on the RN website & is also available on the stickies section here. In real terms however, if it isn't on the official list, you don't need it- that's why we have a list.

I wouldn't worry too much what's on your immunisation & vaccination history, which you get a copy of from your GP, but suffice to say you will be given boosters as necessary.

4. Don't forget your pink slippers and fav fluffy toy