Joining Royal Naval Reserve as a single Parent

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by redwolf18blue, Nov 4, 2013.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Im a single mother at the moment and would love to join the RNR. I have a appointment at HMS Flying Fox on the 9th of November but just wanting to get as much information before then. Iv been told about a 10 week training course, but in the booklet that i was sent it only shows 20 weeks of either evening or weekend classes and then 2 weeks at HMS Raleigh. Im not sure if the ten week training comes after that? or if iv completely got the wrong end of the stick with the ten week training. Iv also been reading about a Care plan for my family but i cant find any specific information and i may even be reading US information. If i was to be deployed do i need to sign over care of my daughter? does it have to be her next of kin? or can it be someone else? Any info or experiences would be really helpful.

Just noticed the Royal Navy Reserve Thread sorry, should i remove this one?

Thanks Angela.
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2013
  2. 10 weeks training first then 2 weeks at Raleigh when you're ready. I'm sure they'll be flexible (they always understood when no one showed up during Uni exam season) and they seem pretty desperate at the moment anyway. Good luck.