Joining RNR

Discussion in 'Royal Naval Reserve (RNR)' started by danwar91, Feb 19, 2013.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I want to join the royal naval reserves but I live in eastbourne so my nearest naval bases would be either Portsmouth or London....both 50+ miles away. How likely is it that joining and serving with the RNR would still be doable?

2. All depends on you really, as far as i know from information i got when i was thinking of joining, the training nights will be on the same night at the same time every week, so if you can manage to get there dont see why it would be a problem? Might be best to contact the unit you are thinking of and getting some more info, and seeing if you could work it and if they have any advice or anything :)

3. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

Post again on the RNR thread there should be people on there who are best qualified to answer your question

4. Dan, HMS KING ALFRED is just off the M275, at HMS EXCELLENT, and is probably your nearest unit, they parade on a Tuesday evening. Where do you work? As that could influence your choice between KA (Portsmouth) or HMS PRESIDENT (London). Pm me if you want more details etc, and I can put you in touch with either unit.