Joining RNR whilst on waiting list for RN?

As title says....

Is it possible?? I seem to remember someone saying something about it to me a while ago. However, would it not be frowned upon joining for say, 20 month then leaving to go in the RN?

Cracker.
As far as i'm concerned, there is absolutely no reason why you shouldn't join the RNR while waiting to go in full-time.
We have had quite a few people who have done just that in my unit - in fact it is a massive advantage as you will be more 'Navyised' than those who join with you - you will have already passed a fitness test, and have done 2 weeks at Raleigh.
Go for it - Join the RNR!!

awnisbod said:
Cracker.
As far as i'm concerned, there is absolutely no reason why you shouldn't join the RNR while waiting to go in full-time.
We have had quite a few people who have done just that in my unit - in fact it is a massive advantage as you will be more 'Navyised' than those who join with you - you will have already passed a fitness test, and have done 2 weeks at Raleigh.
Go for it - Join the RNR!!
Cheers, Think im going to find out more tomorrow. Going to give them a ring :) might aswell be doing something for 20month!