Joining rfa

Hi peeps was in rn as om uw for 6 years left 2003..seriously thinking about joining the rfa as a seaman apprentice can anybody plz give a bit of a insight into the role etc.. Thanks in advance.

Seadog

War Hero
Hi peeps was in rn as om uw for 6 years left 2003..seriously thinking about joining the rfa as a seaman apprentice can anybody plz give a bit of a insight into the role etc.. Thanks in advance.
Someone who spks txt will be along soon to operate Google for you.

Seadog

War Hero
If you write your application with the same dog watch NAMET stalwart credentials you have in your posts here, you won’t make the sift.

This site is - among other things- about increasing your chances. Unless you’d rather we didn’t help.

Thank you seems we started on the wrong foot.. Understand u probably hear these information requests and you may get pissed off never meant no offence just after info.

Seadog

War Hero
Good man. Thanks for seeing it my
(and several other posters’) way.

Don’t make too big a deal of your RN credentials, the RFA would rather recruits were cast in the RFA image.

I've just realised that the RFA Seamanship Apprentice page is one of those on the Recruitment website which needs looking at - there are a fair few of those, unfortunately.

The page says:
  • You’ll need to be aged 16 to 99
Very well done to anyone who gets in at the top of the age range ............

Thanks seadog defo won't make a big deal about it don't mean jack shit to employers lol... What u good at I can listen for sonar contacts ain't done me any favours in civvy Street.. Surprise surprise.

I've just realised that the RFA Seamanship Apprentice page is one of those on the Recruitment website which needs looking at - there are a fair few of those, unfortunately.

The page says:
  • You’ll need to be aged 16 to 99
Very well done to anyone who gets in at the top of the age range ............

OK will do thanks very much for the advice appreciated.
There's no obligation when you do the Expression of Interest form, but it means that you are then listed as someone interested in the role and filling in the form triggers off the next stage of the process, so it's better for you to have your name down. It should lead to a phone call to you, during which the call centre people check your eligibility etc.

Last edited:

Latest Threads