Joining RFA - Maximum age

A

Axel.

I thought the 99 age limit was an error caused by the new website. Fair play to them but what causes them to join up in their fifties?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think it's just because they can. I think the RFA will move more towards the younger generation in the near future.

Sent from my LG-D802 using Navy Net - Rum Ration mobile app

A

Axel.

It must be hard to have to learn subjects as complex as navigation/engineering at 50 unless they have prior experiance.

A 60 year old having to fight fires in the engine room- isn't that what national firefighters are striking about at the minute being to old and potentially dangerous?

As I said fair play to them; I guess if they pass all the required tests then thats all thats counts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

exJenny

War Hero
Book Reviewer
Even ninja could join and he's really old!

Just the thoughts of a blonde ex-wren. Don't blame me if it all goes tits up.

B

Bleeh

We've got two mid fifties on our course.

Together they are both giving being 25 a second attempt, and as far as drinking and chasing girls about, they are beating most of us.

Seadog

War Hero
About 60 year olds and fires. One could spend 40 years at sea and never have to fight a fire in a gash bin let alone an engine room. Firefighters ashore will be lucky ( for bragging rights ) to get one mega fire where the Brigade CFO takes command, in a career. Fixed systems, smoke detectors, building regs, H&S, better materials etc have reduced the likelihood of fire or its effect or duration. Fortunately for us and the Fire Brigades they have other talents and duties to keep them occupied and us safe.

Latest Threads