joining questions

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by darrenskinner1, Jan 23, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi there,

Im new to this site so thought id say hi......
    im currenty trying to join the royal navy

got a couple of questions.....

does anyone know where i can practice for my rt test?
    also when they ask for involvment with the police, i got cought speeding just under 4 years ago, im planning joining the fleet air arm, is this going to affect my chances of entry?

one more thing, im a little paranoid at the moment as im a poor swimmer and always have been,what do you all think?

thanks

2. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

Welcome to the site, read through the various stickies in the Newbie thread and you will find the answer to most of your questions. If not in the stickies try the rest of the Newbie stuff.

3. 1) The answers to your questions can be found here, there are links knocking about but cant be arsed to find them but they are on RumRation.

2) Talk to the AFCO

3) Practice swiming or get lessons.

4. DS1

does anyone know where i can practice for my rt test? Try your bedroom

also when they ask for involvment with the police, i got cought speeding just under 4 years ago, im planning joining the fleet air arm, is this going to affect my chances of entry? No

one more thing, im a little paranoid at the moment as im a poor swimmer and always have been,what do you all think? :Learn to swim as you cannot pass out of training without having passed the Military Swimming Test

5. Hey Darrenskinner1, what's your name? :wink: :lol:

6. Don't worry about speeding fines. I had 3 and it didn't affect my selection result.

I too was a very poor swimmer. So I decided to join a gym with a swimming pool. You only need to learn one stroke and that's breast stroke and you also need to learn how to tread water.

7. well i kinda guessed i can practice them in my BEDROOM i meant where online can i get practice questions....

ah thats not so bad then, ive booked my swimming lessons which will help...

thanks