Joining questions please

rdmurray

Hi first post on here I have applied and sat my test now have been asked to fill in form why I want to join etc which was send off yesterday!

I have a couple questions if any one could help me out I have joined as an apprentice seaman and wondered how many positions are available each year and also as I have no prior experience at sea will this affect my chances of being accepted?

Thank you

Random

Lantern Swinger
Positions available decided by needs of the service, ie how many people are we short of, and is it likely to get better/worse in the future. This info is not normally found floating around the internet.

As mentioned elsewhere the RFA new joiner / apprentice training is designed to take people like yourself and turn them into sailors ie no prior experience required or expected.

Hubert Holroyd

Midshipman
Hi first post on here I have applied and sat my test now have been asked to fill in form why I want to join etc which was send off yesterday!

I have a couple questions if any one could help me out I have joined as an apprentice seaman and wondered how many positions are available each year and also as I have no prior experience at sea will this affect my chances of being accepted?

Thank you
How long is a piece of string?
No experience necessary.