Joining questions please

rdmurray

Hi first post on here I have applied and sat my test now have been asked to fill in form why I want to join etc which was send off yesterday!

I have a couple questions if any one could help me out I have joined as an apprentice seaman and wondered how many positions are available each year and also as I have no prior experience at sea will this affect my chances of being accepted?

Thank you

Random

Lantern Swinger
Positions available decided by needs of the service, ie how many people are we short of, and is it likely to get better/worse in the future. This info is not normally found floating around the internet.

As mentioned elsewhere the RFA new joiner / apprentice training is designed to take people like yourself and turn them into sailors ie no prior experience required or expected.

Hubert Holroyd

Midshipman
Hi first post on here I have applied and sat my test now have been asked to fill in form why I want to join etc which was send off yesterday!

I have a couple questions if any one could help me out I have joined as an apprentice seaman and wondered how many positions are available each year and also as I have no prior experience at sea will this affect my chances of being accepted?

Thank you
How long is a piece of string?
No experience necessary.

Random

Lantern Swinger
Unfortunately they didnt offer interview for me, looks like applying for the the Navy now then
Ask for some constructive feedback on why they did not want to offer you an interview.

You might have the potential they were seeking, but did not sell yourself in the way that allowed them to tick the boxes in the checklist to help you progress.

Patience, perseverance and an ability to learn from your mistakes are useful no matter where you working life takes you.

Also remember there are no limitations on re-applying to the RFA whilst putting your paperwork into the RN.

rdmurray

Thanks lantern yes my written skills are my worse quality and probably did not sell myself to well I will ask for some feedback and I will be back after December again it really is a dream job to me and would suit me so well I got 86% on the test so im not stupid just stupid at writing!

Rozz

Midshipman
You can have an application running for both RFA an RN at the same time. ( you may have to use two different emails on the RN site as it's what I had to do) intake for training with the RN can take a while depending on the job you go for, if you're considering it then no harm in getting the application process going. I'm sorry you didn't get through this time. Good luck.

Latest Threads