Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Joining process

Jock77

Hi guys first ever post so go easy on me...I passed my psychiatric test on Thursday and have been told the Rfa will be in contact in the next two weeks or so....looking at the process it looks like it will be my sift interview which will take place in Portsmouth could anyone please confirm to me this is correct..Only reason i am asking is because i stay in Glasgow and thought they would have a place closer for interviews any help would be appreciated Thanks..

Hi guys first ever post so go easy on me...I passed my psychiatric test on Thursday and have been told the Rfa will be in contact in the next two weeks or so....looking at the process it looks like it will be my sift interview which will take place in Portsmouth could anyone please confirm to me this is correct..Only reason i am asking is because i stay in Glasgow and thought they would have a place closer for interviews any help would be appreciated Thanks..

Which role have you applied for, Jock77?

PS It's called the Psychometric Test.

Is that the qualified position or apprentice position. My understanding for the sift is that you fill in the 2 forms and answer the 2 questions and they pick people for the interview so there isn't a guarantee interview.

Right ok, I passed the RT last week, was emailed 2 forms one being Rehabilitation of Offenders form and the other was a pre sift form which you have to answer two questions and they take it into account for the sift.

I'm almost certain it all takes place in Pompey. Mine certainly did. Had an overnight stay in Pompey opposite Gunwharf (big shopping centre) and had opportunity to go around the Historic Dockyard (at own expense) so was a good experience. You just pay for the travel and then claim it back.

Thanks m8 really appreciate the feed back still waiting to hear back if i have been selected for an interview or not so hears hoping ...how did your interview good ?...Good luck stay save

I've been waiting since December to hear back about mine, have been told may but made contact a few weeks ago just to confirm that was still the case and sure enough it is, but with what's going on right now I am preparing for a delay in procedures.

If you have an interview, will be by phone at the moment. I had my Comms apprentice interview yesterday by phone. If you need any help with questions that are general questions, drop me a message. More than happy to help you out.

Sent from my SM-G770F using Tapatalk

Hi, like you, I have passed the psychometric test for the Apprentice Chef role and awaiting the subject matter sift/interview. I spoke to the recruiting people today and everything is still going ahead as normal. As indicated elsewhere on the thread, interviews will probably be via telephone given the present situation, but training is still running as normal. Under normal circumstances interviews would take place in Portsmouth.

Hi, like you, I have passed the psychometric test for the Apprentice Chef role and awaiting the subject matter sift/interview. I spoke to the recruiting people today and everything is still going ahead as normal. As indicated elsewhere on the thread, interviews will probably be via telephone given the present situation, but training is still running as normal. Under normal circumstances interviews would take place in Portsmouth.
Thats good to hear, seems like i've been waiting ages for a response for interview

Latest Threads