Joining process

Evening all,

Apologies if I’m covering old ground but I can’t seem to find anything recent in the rnr forum.

I applied online last week to join the rnr as a rating and I have an informal chat/interview at my local AFCO office next week.

I’m just wondering what the process is after that?

Greetings.
I am afraid I have a standard answer to this type of question - Engage with the unit you are going to attend.

After initial interview the routine is much the same as our RN colleagues: Medical and so forth, but no PRNC. The unit Whole Ship Co-Ord is responsible for easing your way through the selection process, hence the need to engage. We are privileged over RN candidates in this regard.

You will then be invited to the unit and, pretty soon asked to "Early Attest" so that you can commence Phase 0 training whilst waiting for the security bods to do their bit. Initial uniform will be issued once all ducks are in a row.

One of the primary differences between RN and RNR recruiting is that we don't choose branches until after joining. You will be prepared for HMS Raleigh by the New Entry staff at your unit - usually around 12 months after joining - and you will do you branch selection shortly before Raleigh.

Hope that makes sense.
Get back to me if you require anything else.
BH

PS @Sumo : Thank you :)

B-H, ever so slightly amended - you are correct that RNR ratings do not formally join their branches until after RALEIGH, however, some time before they go, they are expected to make an application/choice.

B-H, ever so slightly amended - you are correct that RNR ratings do not formally join their branches until after RALEIGH, however, some time before they go, they are expected to make an application/choice.
Greetings.
SNIP - and you will do you branch selection shortly before Raleigh.

Hope that makes sense.
Get back to me if you require anything else.
BH

PS @Sumo : Thank you :)
Yep, is that not what I said?