Joining Process - Officer

Blue_Water_Jack

Midshipman
Yes, at the AIB I believe that they will test to see how much you know. I'll always use the RN website and The Economist (for global affairs) to be up-to-date with everything.

I also didn't mean to imply that I would be at Cranwell for 20 minutes just to do the Observer FATs ha, sorry for that. I expect to be there for a fair amount of time. I believe that you would take the tests for all the aircrew roles in order to stream you into the role that suits you best, according to your FAT score.

Thanks Simples for your sharing you application insight so far,

I wondering how you were progressing, have you've had an update regarding when your FAT or even AIB is? Out of interest I am due to have my sift next month for Warfare Officer (Surface), and given covid restrictions no idea when AIB may take this year.

Regards

Thanks Simples for your sharing you application insight so far,

I wondering how you were progressing, have you've had an update regarding when your FAT or even AIB is? Out of interest I am due to have my sift next month for Warfare Officer (Surface), and given covid restrictions no idea when AIB may take this year.

Regards
Sorry for the extremely late reply, I have been incredibly busy over the past few months. How did your SIFT interview go? Do you have any dates for AIB or FAT's?

I completed my FAT's yesterday at Cranwell and I'm glad to say I passed for Pilot, Observer and ATC. The tests lasted about 6 hours but you can take role specific tests which take less time to complete. (If it is your first time you may aswell take the full 6 hour battery) I can go into more detail about it if you would like me to regarding cutoff scores for each role and what to expect when you get there.

I await a date for the AIB now which will hopefully be arranged soon.

Regards